Friday, June 30, 2006

The things that make Caleb happy.

Last night we were reading a book about being Joyful and happy and what the Bible says. When I finished the book, I asked Caleb what are some of the things that make him happy. It's a 50/50 guess as to what makes him happy. But his first response was: "My Shirt". So I asked him what else... and he said "my other shirt" (because he stole Jockey's and thus had two). So after those answers, I asked him again and got the following:

Mommy, Jockey, Daddy, Uncle Brian (he makes Caleb laugh), Uncle Jeff, Tigger (Hey, all those other people beat out the puppy), Aunt Brittany, Papa Dahl and Grammy Dahl.

And that's all I had time to listen. He was being silly and it was getting closer and closer and closer to 10 at night the more he talked (I think that was his plan).

Caleb, the ever helpful big brother was so very cute this morning. While trying to get Joshy to walk this morning. Caleb stood a few feet away and was calling Josh to come to him. Josh actually turned from the direction that I pointed him (toward daddy) and walked to Caleb and Caleb caught him! Caleb was so happy, and when he caught Josh, Josh was very happy and giggled. Caleb helps a bunch now. Sometimes when the timing is perfect and other times when it isn't so gentle and right. But it is so neat that Caleb wants to be a part of Josh learning and wants to keep him safe and out of things he shouldn't be in.

Ok, that's all I have time for. Caleb says it's time for a bike ride.

No comments: