Monday, July 23, 2007

Good Morning.

Caleb spent this last weekend with Grammy and Papa Dahl. He had a great time. They visited the Aquarium with Tessa, Auntie Kristina, and GG. He was excited to see sharks. He told me about petting a starfish with one finger. Caleb also did a great job swimmng; he's going to greater and greater distances each time he tries. Caleb is getting tall enough to stand flat footed at the shallow end of the pool, which is great for his confidence. One of the nights, Caleb went to sleep at 6:30pm, now why doesn't he do that at our house?!

Joshy had a great time here at the house. I think he likes being an only child sometimes. He was significantly less cranky, whiny or crying. He played, he cuddled, he talked. He liked the peace and quiet. He curled up with books. Josy did try to get into my scrapbooking supplies, but that's the worst things got. He was more easy going, although definitely still TWO. He says "No" and crosses his arms in the cutest and most frustrating way.

Last week was the end of VBS for the summer. That leaves the next 5-6 weeks plan free, with the very rare exception. I have got to come up with activities for the boys to keep them busy and mischief free. Maybe the zoo. Maybe open gym time at the local gymnastics facility. I don't think I'll try to manage both in the pool at the same time, but maybe I'll do a system of taking turns and using the Club's daycare. We'll see. Of course there are the parks and walks when the current rain clears up. And Blackberry picking is just a few weeks away. If the kids can pick more than they eat, then we will get ahead for storing berries for the winter.

So there isn't much else to tell right now. Time to get the guys moving for the day, maybe grocery shopping. Who knows. But have a great day and talk to you later.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hi, Krystal! We had so much fun with Caleb at the aquarium - the cousins were just THRILLED to be with one another, and it was incredibly sweet to see them together. I got a couple of great pictures and I put some up on my blog; the one of Caleb and Tessa with their arms around each other's shoulders is my favorite. :-)