Monday, September 03, 2007

This last week was full of running around.

Monday, Caleb finally got to see his BFF Donovyn. He was so excited that he wanted to sleep in his clothes the night before so that he would be ready in the morning to get going fast. We met at the park and it was a beautiful sunny day. The boys ran and ran and had lots of pretend play, hiding from aliens etc. It was so great to see Caleb have a good time. I had been afraid to take him to the park because he would look for a new best friend every time and was crushed and sad when he couldn't find one... But this was great because I knew and he knew his friend was going to be there! Joshy had a wonderful time too. He did his best at keeping up. He is learning the ladders, give him 2 months and I'm sure that nothing will stop him! And once he can do it all by himself, I will finally be able to sit on a park bench and watch the fun rather than being just as active as the kids and have to help with every effort of climbing, sliding, swinging etc. But I suppose I should just enjoy being needed and the "slow" pace they are at now, because later they will be such daredevils I'll be worried.


Tuesday, we had the patience testing 2-year old picture taking session. I think the age of 2 is the hardest to photograph because they don't want to hold still and they want to say NO to everything. But I think we ended up with just a couple, which is really all we need anyways. I even did my due dilligence and took the boys to the kids play area at the mall to work the wiggles out. They really played nice with the other kids, Joshy of course wanted to be like big brother and jump off of everything. They might have gotten the wiggles out, but they certainly also got tired... not so great for the cooperation aspect of pictures. But we survived.


Cousin Tessa came out to our house on Wednesday with Grammy and Papa Dahl. Caleb was really excited. The kids played in the bouncy house and on the swing set the majority of the time. Tessa also got to hunt for raspberries on our bush, a favorite past time of my little guys. And yes, the raspberry season is still going strong for our small patch of bushes. It was great to see the kids have such a great time playing with each other.












Thursday and Friday Mommy worked. Thursday Joshy went with mommy to work, Friday both boys stayed with Mike. Then Mike took off for the weekend. Saturday, the boys and I went to surprise GG at her house for an afternoon walk. The day had turned out nice and sunny and just cool enough to make the walk pleasant. Joshy and Caleb were very happy to see GG, Caleb talked all the way down to her house that he didn't want a hug but instead wanted to hold her hand and walk to the park. Which he did just that. Both boys walked nicely next to the busy street, and both were relieved to run into the safety of the park and play heartily on the play equipment. They shocked me at how quickly they learned to watch out and get out of the way of the bikes on the Burke-Gilman trail (which runs through the park). GG kept a good eye out for Joshy while I made a quick run to the restroom with Caleb. Caleb and Joshy showed off for GG with all their confident stunts. She quite generously took us to dinner. Caleb chose Chinese food. I'll admit that I'm not practiced at Chinese food, and I was very afraid to go to the restaurant with two boys by myself. I don't generally like to go to restaurants with the boys, and I have NEVER dared to do it by myself... but they did 95% great and I kept holding my breath waiting for the behaviour to get bad, which it never did to my relief. I guess being seated next to the aquarium helps! I think Caleb impressed GG with how much he ate, and he had to explain that it was so that he would get big muscles and grow strong and healthy... then he flexed his muscles for her to see. At the end of the evening, GG said that being around my silly boys made her feel happy and silly too, I think this is great, isn't that was the young unfettered joy of children is for... to remind us of happy, uncomplicated simple joy.


Daddy came back early from camping/scouting. And we are off to the fair with our free admission coupon.


TTFN. I'll get the Zuma update posted soon.

No comments: