Monday, June 22, 2009

Hi all from California....

Before I begin to tell all about California. Please rememeber Grammy and Papa Dahl in your prayers, their home has suffered a sever house fire. It will be a long road requiring patience and lots of decisions to make, and emotional recovery. Please keep them in your prayers.

Ok, so on to the CA update.

We arrived safe, though the boys slept only 20 minutes of the flight (so I was a little worn out by their figiting.)
Grandpa turned on the sprinkers for the boys to run through. I made up beds for the boys to sleep on. They ran around and around in the backyard. Mom and I dusted after the concrete guy made gritty concrete dust in their house. Jockey ate a carrot like corn on the cob and then drooled it on my pants, and then he drooled chocolate on my capris... so while wearing my third change of clothing, I began a load of laundry. The boys played soccer in the backyard until after dark... at which point they thought that it would be a good idea to roll in the grass. They were itchy, red speckly, and bit by some bugs... so they went in for a bath and a 1/2 Benedryll. They fell asleep within a half hour and stayed asleep until 8AM the next day.

Papa made us all a French Toast breakfast. The boys ate, watch cartoons and ran around the house. Later Papa came back from Starbucks and took them to McDonalds to play and play and play. (The boys had begged to go). Mom and I went to Penney's to find coordinating clothes for pictures on Monday and then went to Grocery Outlet for boy-food (hot dogs, mac'n'cheese, apples, bananas). Papa went to a Rivercats ball game; we had mac'n'cheese for dinner and the boys played again in the backyard running around and around. I turned the hot tub on, but they didn't want to wait to go in. They got in when the temperature was 78, and got out 15-20 minutes later when it was 80. And then back to running and playing.

Yesterday, a slower morning and then we hit a splash park and the boys ran through the water and played for hours. The weather has been so temperate that it has been very nice.. not too hot. Although I think that that is changing with this week. But it was more than comfortable in the shade while watching the boys. Then it was a family dinner with my aunt and cousin and second cousin over. The second cousin in just 2 weeks younger than Josh. Mr. Phineas didn't end up coming but I have hopes that we will see him before we leave.

Today, we have an appointment for taking pictures and I hope to get good happy faces out of Caleb and Jockey and have a rather painless experience. After than we don't have a plan yet.

Tomorrow, Fairytale town where we are meeting one of my friends and her boys (near the same ages). Funny that she lives in Bellingham and we in Monroe, but we have to be in California to meet. I haven't seen her for 3 years! It's time, and hopefully Fairytale town will be exciting to keep the boys busy.

So that's the update. Pictures will have to come later.

No comments: