Friday, February 26, 2010

So how's your week going?

We got into the swing of things here with school, school work, bible study. A call from the principal about "no toys at school" (yes, caleb's been sneeking toys to school). More school, work for me, Awana, more school and work. Caleb got additional stages today and Wednesday. We are just not figuring this out... oh, that would be until we talked through his entire day. 5 words.... M&M's, Jelly Beans, Popcorn (commercial type), Frosting cookies, and juice. Can we say Food Coloring? Not to mention the sugar. So I had to be the confrontive parent and shoot off and email (afternoon session is still going) to the teacher to get her back on our side of this issue.

We were blessed to get Caleb's Birthday present early this year. A zoo pass for the family. (Thank you Grammy and Grandpa Dahl.) So we are thinking of going there on Sunday if the weather remotely cooperates with us.


Unfortunately, I got the call today that my grandfather died today. It appears Great Grandpa Severson, 97, got up in the middle of the night and had an instantly fatal heart attack and was found this morning. Curiously, upon talking with my dad, we discovered that we were both awaken last night (he at 2:24 and myself at 2:22) for unknown reasons and unable to go back to sleep for quite a while. Maybe we were on the same 'wave length'. Grandpa lived a long life FULL of memories and leaves only one issue unresolved.... Dusty the cat will have to learn to like a dog to live at my Aunt Sandy's or go hungry because that is where the food bowl will be soon.

These were taken 2/6/2010. The 4 days before we went to California. Great Grandpa Severson was in good spirits, full of memories and things to say despite the increasing ailments. I'm glad the kids got to see him as near as possible to the end.


TTFN

1 comment:

Mom Bishop said...

I'm sorry to hear about Grandpa Severson. After knowing both he and Norma for about 23 years, I found that I missed them greatly and the many good times with them.