Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hello all, I bet you didn't think I would post again in the same week!

Caleb, despite a brush with a cold, is camping with Grammy and Papa Dahl and Cousin Tessa. They went to Toppenish in the motorcoach. I have gotten the report from Caleb himself, that he has used their potty! I sincerely wish that with this weekend and the influence of Cousin Tessa, that Caleb will come home with the value of being potty trained not just while naked. If that were to happen then I would be more than grateful to Grammy and Papa and Tessa. Up until this point, Caleb hasn't seen the value of not using the diaper, it's a useful tool in his mind.
But on a non-potty note, I've been told that Caleb has talked up a storm and has been delightful company (I wonder if they have had their quota of Rescue Hero discussion and Woody (from Toy Story) comments?)... and he hasn't even kept Grammy and Papa up terribly late with his excitement. (9:30 isn't late in Caleb's mind.) They went for dinner and then for a evening swim to squeeze the last bit of energy out of the kiddos before bed yesterday. I haven't gotten the full report about today, however, I have heard that everyone is having a good time and Caleb is feeling ok.

Josh is in love with running around the house and playing with any toy he feels like without it being ripped away from him. He is sick with the flu, so it is a wonderful thing not to do sibling battle in addition to illness. He loves exploring and trying to play with the toys in the living room without interference. And thanks to a few garage sales, we have some phenomenally cool and cheap toys.

While I mentioned garage sales, I have to tell you a story. We of course were more than blessed to find a garage sale with Rescue Heroes at it. So we selected and purchased some. Caleb still doesn't quite understand the process of paying, especially in someone's driveway, but as we were saying thanks and good-bye...unprompted, Caleb turns to the lady and says "Thank you, you say me have these toys" and then he waves and says "I happy, I have fun these toys". What a truly wonderful, heartful child to understand gratitude and say those kind sentiments to strangers without being prompted.

Joshua is so happy despite being sick. And I'm happy when I call him and he runs to me and hugs me. Josh truly is a different child when there isn't a competition taking place. That's not to say that he doens't love Caleb, he does and seeks to be just like big brother, but he likes to try without pressure, I think.

I hope that Josh gets well soon, and that Caleb doesn't come down with the full blown flu, and for that matter I hope that Caleb hasn't infected Grammy, Papa or Tessa. Lord please keep these people healthy, or on the way to full health. And thank you Lord that I have two wonderful sons that are blessed with many circumstances in which to explore their environment and personality.

No comments: