Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Joshy....

has learned to do sommersaults all by himself! We've been working with him for a little while, but now he had decided that he can do them by himself. It's great to see another step in the growth and learning process.

Caleb is on his fifth day of preschool. He is really starting to enjoy it and talk about what he is going to show and tell them. He talks about what he does. And I like coming to pick him up and seeing him so involved with his activity and playing that he doesn't even notice me. That means that he is happy with where he is and not hung up on where his parents are; a sign of independence. He's got lots of papers coming home and I'm not sure whether I should be keeping them all or not. I guess that I'll just have to decided whether he'd like to see it when he is my age or not. His one complaint about preschool is that some little boy is always on the computer and is hogging it. But, like a truly interferring mother with good intentions, I spoke to the teacher. Regardless, he's a very blessed little boy. We had to get a new home computer, and we have given him our old one. We cleared off a bunch of the programs and despite it's kicking up a bunch of errors, it still plays all of his Cd-rom games. So he can play and learn all he wants, and he can't mess up our main computer. It's great, and it's a stand alone, no internet drone, set up in the living room. I had to take the jumpy house out of the living room to make room, at least there was room with some changes.

He's also doing Great at Awana Cubbies. It is his Wednesday night class. He went and remembered who his teachers were, he ran right up and took Miss Kay's hand and went off to play games with the class. A way smoother drop off than the very first time he went. And when I arrived to pick him up, he was playing duck-duck-goose and sitting in the middle of the circle with another boy working on a puzzle. He didn't even know that I was there. THEN, the teacher surprised me with the face that Caleb had learned his verses. Of course we had been working on it for a while with him, but I didn't think that it had sunk in enough for him to say it to his teacher. But sure enough, he did. This earned him a vest to begin earning patches and jewels upon. Caleb strutted around like a proud little guy with his new vest on. He gets a book tomorrow night to begin working out of and learning even more. He's doing great. I have found that turning the verses into a song or jive sinks it into his mind alot faster. He starts dancing and doing a jig. I think he might be ready for tomorrow night already.

Caleb is starting to say things like "some boys" or "some babies". He uses it in the context of his actions being normal or he his behaving normal. "Some boys" pee like a man. "Some boys" use diapers. etc. He is hilarious. How am I suppose to say, Yes some boys do, but you are tooo big for pull-ups. Or yes, some boys do pee like a man, but we shouldn't be making fun any other boy who doesn't. It's just funny to see that he already wants to know that he inherently fits into the "normal" world; like he is seeking validation. I think that now he is around a bunch of new boys, he wants to know that he is just like them or that he are just like him. Ahh, the peer pressure and peer comparison begins...

Well, that's all I have time for right now. I have to get ready to pick Caleb up from preschool.
More when I have a chance.

No comments: