Sunday, July 03, 2011

Bullet points of this last week:



  • As I termed on facebook: "I have faced the Mortality of my Capabilities"... Feeling overwhelmed, not on my feet, a bit hopeless, without a way to get back in the game of life as usual with chores/housework/bills/life details, TIRED, emotional (completely a-typical for me), despondent,... bottom line post-partum... And because of this Grandma Bishop stayed on to help me out because I just needed more help and more time to recover physically so that I can even attempt to take on the normal routine tasks... and I can't do it if I've had just 3-4 (broken up, non-consecutive) hours of sleep each night without naps to recover in the day. Or that extra pair of hands to hold baby while I get something done, or to get something done while I hold/feed/change baby.

  • Thursday was "Belly Button Day". Jockey was very excited to finally see Nathan's brand newly revealed belly button. He was so excited he tried to wake up Daddy and Caleb to share the news!

  • Splash week concluded with certificates from the instructor. Caleb was proud (even if they spelled his name wrong), and Jockey... well his is a bit damp. But they can't wait to use the month long guest pass at the Y for the big slide they have in the pool that was closed all week during splash week!

  • The boys continue to LOVE "movie nights" with Grandma. We've cleaned the library out of their family movies, twice.

  • NATHAN LAUGHED!!!! Not just smile, but a psuedo-giggle/chuckle!!

  • Nathan is even MORE HUNGRY (was that even possible) ... I'm worn out!

  • Nathan had his 2-week check up, he has gain weight! He is now 8 pounds 4 oz! That is nearly a POUND in TEN DAYS! No wonder he's hundry.

  • I've had my two week check up and so far they say the incision is looking "good". Honestly, it feels like a very tight, pulling, itchy, 1/2 numb, painfully tingling, area suffering in a bit of discomfort... but at least THEY think it's good. It's hard to stand for longer than 10-15 minutes, lift baby in car seat, etc.

Most interesting:


Caleb asked sounding a bit forelorn "how long do we get to keep him?" Meaning how long do we get to keep Nathan. Then we asked if we get to keep him until he's not a baby. He actually thought that we were not going to keep Nathan! He'd been a bit standoffish with Nathan, and then suddenly clinging... holding him for solid 45 minute stretches just rubbing the soft baby hair. And all this time he thought that some day he was going to have to give up Nathan... (like in "Meet the Robinsons", an animated movie with a mother giving up her baby for adoption as one of the premises of the film to be built around a kid finding a great home and seeing how his futured turned out). I set Caleb straight the moment he asked that. He seems more resolved and happier now. I still can't believe that he came up with that.... but the nearest I can tell, is that I've not been able to hide post-partum well and perhaps he thought this was what was going to happen if I didn't "get well", a term he uses when he prays for me. Amazing.


Well, that's it for now. I'm currently battling a baby wishing to turn his nights and days around... so back to work!

1 comment:

Celiah said...

I do pray that things will get better soon! I can't imagine how hard it must be! Keep praying and believing the Lord will bring you through!!