Friday, August 05, 2011

So Monday we spent 3 hours at two different parks, including a new skate park.

Tuesday was get errands done day. But we also got bike rides and walks in.

Wednesday was Movie day as we trekked up to Everett and saw "Gulliver's Travels". I was a bit nervous about how Nathan would handle it all. He woke up to poo, fed, and I had to bouce/hold and jostle him a bit and let him suck on my finger a while, change him again and then he finally fell asleep. Good thing it wasn't a first run movie in a packed theater filled with people not wanting to miss a glimpse of the film because I got up and down alot... But we made it!
I did an errand in Everett, Toy'r'us for MOPS. And I have to say that with adamant warning not to ask for toys, the boys did great at following that direction. They rode the line by saying this is so cool or that would be nice to have or I wish I could have... but no hounding and begging or asking to get or tears! So, I felt good going to play "Free" bowling with them next. Another good time with them.

Thursday I worked, Mike watched the boys until he left at 2. We just kept close to home that night with the help of a backyard campfire including marshmallows!

Today was a bit of errands and school clothes shopping. Thank goodness I had worked and gotten some $ because Kohl's had awesome clearance! Can you believe 6 shirts would have cost $105.34, SIX shirts only, luckily.... I got about 83% off that! And the boys are thrilled with their "Tony Hawk" shirts since they are fascinated with skate parks now. Then it was home to rest a while (feed Nathan AGAIN) and they skated, biked and walked the rest of the day away. Now they are on to "movie night" here at home, a tradition that began with Grammy Bishop.

The boys are having a great time, but they are now under the impression it is my sole job (to the exclusion of everything else) to keep them entertained from one activity to the next. It's not by the way, and I'm exhausted by the last couple weeks. My next response to "what are we going to do?" is either going to be NAP or Read a BOOK!

Thank goodness next week is VBS in the mornings and that will keep them busy for 3 hours a day! During one of the days I will be teaching a friend where to start with couponing! I'm kind of excited. I like being useful and needed in an area that I love (crafts, coupons, scrapbooking, bible study all at the top of the list). I hope to be helpful and make a realy impact on their family by planting the small seed of "how to coupon". And even better both her and my "big boys" will be at VBS, so we will get pseudo-undivided attention to the subject!

Until then...
Wedding Saturday for as long or in whatever manner Nathan allows for.
And the boys/Mike are crabbing Sunday. I SINCERELY hope to get 2 Fair-worthy, new baby themed scrapbook pages completed... and a nap, and grocery shopping done, and and and... but who knows.
Ok, off to make really really cheap but yummy popcorn for the boys' movie night!

No comments: