Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday, August 29th

We had 2 doctors appointments this day. The appointments were at the same time just a couple blocks apart, one for each child. Good thing Mike and I planned a family that has even teams, we took a man to man defense approach and split up each taking a child.

Mike took Caleb to get the permanent cast put on. His arm has aligned perfectly and already begun to heal, Praise the Lord! Caleb did well at the appointment despite them being a tad rough and taking quite a long time. Daddy had to take the bull by the horns and speed them up little... consequently they were apologetic and in the end offered a cast upgrade to Caleb. This kind of cast they do only 6 times a year because of cost. So Caleb is sporting a cherry red Gortex-fiberglass cast that is completely washable and waterproof! We call his arm a "Super Arm"! And he waves it proudly when we talk about it! So he's adjusting well to the cast. It will be removed Sept 29th.

Meanwhile, Joshua and I took a trip to the Post-partum and Breastfeeding center. Long story short... Josh is great, I'm the one with the speed bumps. Josh's 3rd jaundice test came back passing even better than before, so he is out of the woods totally on that point. For weight, not only didn't lose additional weight after leaving the hospital... he GAINED 2 ounces in 2 days! He is now 7 pounds 15 ounces, healthy and feeding alot! For my side of things, my incision is healing well. My BP was a little elevated for my norm due to dealing with mending and pain, which is a typical occurrance. I have some predictable swelling in my legs that they would like to see go down, bot that is fixable with water, elevation and massage. And as for feeding, let's just say I'm painfully put of practice that will just take time to get better. But at least Josh is doing good!

No comments: