Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Welcome. Please read and enjoy

Hello to the family and friends to are now reading this blog. In a conversation with my mother I made the comment that the boys are changing, interacting and doing new, funny or charming things every day and I wish that I could share them with her everyday. Long distance phone charges being what they are, it is cost prohibitive to share as much as I'd like; then it occurred to me, we've recently enjoyed Kristina's blog as a useful tool to keep in touch with her and life in general. So I thought, why can't I do that for those whom I don't have the priviledge to see every day?! So here I am. I will try to update this as often as having a newborn and toddler allow possible. I hope that you enjoy the stories and someday my little guys will have a good picture of what they were like as little boys.

As you probably well know by now... Joshua Peter was born in the morning on August 25th. He is very healthy and has personality traits that I can already identify. It is remarkable that upon birth they already have likes and dislikes. He hiccups when he is tired, just as Caleb did, but also when he has a soiled diaper, which he wants out of immediately!
Caleb has really warmed up to his little brother. At first he took it slow, and I was worried that he would reject Joshua or be resentful. However, quite the opposite has occurred; Caleb wants to be helpful with just about anything and wants to explain to me what the baby needs, and he asks frequently to hold him. I just love it when Caleb shows kind affection towards Joshua, I break out the camera and take pictures... which is getting really easy because Caleb has turned into a "look at me" kiddo. He wants to see himself in mirrors, pictures and in home videos. How silly, but joyful.

Today's laugh: Caleb came up to me and said "eat", to which I asked him if he was hungry and wanted something to eat. He said "no, baby". I thought that was cute in and of itself, and looked at Mike for a shared moment and smile about our sons... Caleb interrupted to say "now!" followed immediately by "I KNOW".
That's funny in my book.

No comments: