Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Summer just isn't over for Caleb! It is a good thing that they put a gortex-fiberglass cast on his arm rather than the regular sort because he has decided even a very small pool is better than nothing on a hot and sunny day!


Things have been difficult with Joshua having his nights and days mixed up. And there have been a couple speed bumps with breastfeeding that are just starting to resolve themselves. But today is the first day that I feel confident that a psuedo-schedule was followed. That is an accomplishment all by itself, but I think that the schedule will allow even more to be accomplished in the future... predictable sleep patterns being at the the top of the priority list. So I mark today as the best day for schedules and consistence parenting. It gives me hope that I can handle this new life with two little ones.

We also had a wonderful visit from cousin Barb and her boys. Caleb really likes the boys and wants to be like them. It's almost like he is the littlest brother. They were very helpful by showing Caleb how to pick up toys after playing with them, which is a new skill we are trying to instill in Caleb. It was such a blessing to have Barb and the boys take time to drive down and see us. We had a good chat, and Joshua got a good nap in curled up with Auntie Barb.

This picture was taken last night, but it is a great one of my guys.


1 comment:

Kristina said...

I love being able to hear about how things are going with you - and I'm delighted that things are looking good! I hope that the trend continues. :-)