Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Jockey is growing up so fast!

He is not the little infant oblivious to the world anymore, or even simply an observer. He is rolling, stretching, reaching, tasting, watching, babbling non-stop, tasting; anything that will be an experience of his world around him, he is doing. And today, I had to turn around and smile at Caleb, think he was the one that was clicking his tongue... wrong, it was JOSH! He has learned a new skill. Well, he always did like it when I click my tongue at him! Also, I had to laugh again while we were in the car, because Josh was playing with a kazoo that Caleb gave him. Josh was actually blowing through it as if he really did know what he was doing. And then he laughed at himself. Josh is also into making ruckus'; he will shake things hard just because he can and see how are he can, and see what they do. That is a smart little boy! Today he is chewing on EVERYTHING, I wonder if that means more teeth are on their way. Of course more teeth are coming, I mean now versus later. We'll see.

We went to Papa Bill and Judy's house again for dinner Tuesday night. Caleb remembered one of the dog's names! Coalby. He played with the dogs alot, of course. They were more tolerant, and more calm with him this time. But they also learned that they should just go into the bedroom to get away. Of course, Caleb went and found them and came to report their whereabouts. I tried to explain to him that the dogs were taking a time out, then I asked if he would like to take a time out too. The precious child mind; Caleb said yes, and then went into the bedroom to take his "time out" WITH the dogs! Yes, you do have to be literal and very clear in your questions and explanations to kids. Caleb and Josh both got Papa Bill cuddle time. Josh even fell asleep in Papa Bill's arms! Caleb helped by covering Josh up with his shirt. I will post the picture(s) when I return as the camera is already packed.

Caleb had me running to the restroom 4-5 times, with success I might add, but it made it difficult to have a complete adult conversation. And not to once again bore you with bathroom stories, BUT: In one of our trips, Caleb told me that his bum was full of poo, then he said "me heart have poo", I guess that is the child's way of saying "I'm full of it" while in the process of trying to be rid of it.

Caleb actually ate this time. Papa Bill gave up a slice of his pizza left overs (his planned lunch for the following day). Pizza was a good option, but we still had to bribe him with ice cream in between bites. Caleb played with all the dog toys, but I was very proud of him for picking them back up when he was done. He also played with the big exercise ball, which he very astutely bounce Buzz off to see in which direction Buzz would fly. (You might remember Buzz bouncing off a ball in Toy Story. Same deal.) At one point, Caleb told me he didn't want to go home, in a child's world that is a compliment; I guess he thinks it is Ok to visit Coalby, Mai-Lee, Judy and Papa Bill's house.

Today, Caleb and I talked about our trip to California. I can't believe how much he talks about the plane he will go on. "Me go, you go, Jockey go". His plane is going to fly high, it's going to be in the clouds, it's going to go fast, etc. He must be very excited. He also shows me with his hand what the plane is going to do. I made sure to pack his little plane so that I can show him what our plane is doing as it is actually happening. I did this last time and I think it helped him visualize and not be fearful with all the bumps etc. At one point, he was very very sad that we were leaving the house for errands rather than getting on the plane; nearly in tears that the trip wasn't today! Of course, he ends all the discussions with "me go Papa Bishop Hot Tub"! Today he told me he loved Grammy Bishop and he is going to tell her so when we get to California, of course I think that is going to be quickly followed with "chocolate please". (We were packing and one of the things going to California is Frangos for Grandma Bishop, Caleb wanted some and I told him they were hers... hence what he said. Cute, just cute.)

So we are off traveling tomorrow. Pray for a safe, delay-free travel experience, if you please! I will try to blog while I'm gone, but if I can't.... I will be returning on Wednesday of next week, look for a blog update on Thursday. Hopefully, we will have lots of fun adventures, stories and pictures to share.

Until then, God bless us all. (Readers, writer, and subjects-i.e. the boys)

No comments: