Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy New Year!


Well, it's been a busy couple weeks.

The run down:

New Year's eve we had a quiet night at home. Daddy and Caleb fell asleep as I was reading to them at 11:30. I was the only one to make it to midnight.
New Year's Day, a little shopping for Daddy to spend his gift card.
Last Friday, Caleb got together with a couple of his pre-school classmates and went to Jump Planet, a bouncy house facilities. Hayden and Hunter are twins and he had such a good time. (The twins Mom is a really nice lady from my MOPS group too, hopefully she and I can become buddies too) It was really great for Caleb to see his buddies outside of school; hopefully this is the beginning of some long term friendships... it's my hope Caleb can keep these friends through the summer and bridge the transition into Kindergarten.

I can't believe that he is on the cusp of going to Kindergarten! I'm already having to look into enrolling him for September! Yikes. Of course, we don't have many options for schooling. Public school is all we can afford. And since I don't want him in the school he is districted for, I have to go over to the Fryelands school and get a waiver... and decision done!

Today is Caleb's first day back to school. I have lots to do during his school time, I hope that Jockey can stay awake while I get it all done.

Saturday we had dinner with Papa Bill and Grandma Judy. It was also nice to see Great Papa Severson... who is now 94! The kids were crazy running around with out naps that day. But at least they didn't break anything (that I know of) or injure the dogs. Although Jockey did get a hold of one a couple times and we had to intervene. I don't understand, he doesn't do that with the dogs at our house, and he was always the one so gentle with animals.


We've made HUGE cookies, painted, finger painted, made forts, practiced dancing, etc etc in all this last couple weeks. So now is the time to finally get back to normal. And hope fo the snow that is forcasted.

Well, time to get going. TTFN.

No comments: