Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Well, We are back!

We had a good time, but after a day of travel, lots of work upon arrival at home, and a poor night sleep.... I'm TIRED. I'm sure the boys are a little tired too. But the sun is drawing them outside to play. I'm surprised at the humidity here that I didn't experience for the last two weeks.

We did lots of fun things. The kids loved the endless hours of playing at McDonalds play areas (the best indoor, air conditioned park around). We saw Fairytale Town for the first time; the boys loved to climb on everything. We got into a free showing of Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. And another big highlight.... community parks/playgrounds that also have water features. The various sprinklers keep the kids cool and having a great time. We had to keep that sunblock slathered on though. And it did start to get a little hot just watching sometimes (even from the shade.) We shared a few movies with Grandma and Grandpa. The boys played a bunch with the boxes of toys that were brought out.

HUGE NEWS**** From the moment we got off the plane, Joshy started wanting to use the little potty. He was about 85% on average. He had a couple perfect days, and a couple not so great days, but overwhelmingly and quite unexpectedly, Joshy was using the potty LOTS. At least 3 times a day! And he was so excited, he wanted to show me every time (oh, fun). I'm so proud of him. I hope he continues now that we are home. This could actually mean that he is going to go to PRESCHOOL and Cubbies! It happened just overnight basically, and Joshy is looking forward to school too! So I'm crossing my fingers and praying it keeps on.

I'll have pictures posted soon, but I'm so tired right now and it's is a process to get them downloard from the card and then uploaded here. So soon but not now!
Regardless, we are back and safe and just have to recover and clean up the house and get back into a routine.

No comments: