Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We are back and in the full swing of all things usual.
School, and swim lessons which the boys adore but can't figure our which days they go.
Thursday night is Caleb's awards night for Sparks (awana).
I have received 4 RSVPs from the boys Caleb chose to invite. He's thrilled that he has friends. (again, an area I do not excell in, and strive to meet Caleb's needs in.)

Jockey has Preschool tomorrow, and I'm trying to find the balance of being there for the Mother's Day thing, but also trying to get my multi-hour work load accomplished too.

I've started on the annual Caleb scrapbook project, but am not holding my breath to complete all 12 months in time for the party. I just feel good that I have 3 of the months done in one day. I keep trying to remind myself that I don't keep a baby book for the boys, so I have to keep up on something to remind them of their growth/achievement marks.

Jockey whacked himself good on the coffee table tonight. He was napping on the couch and rolled off and Whack! He's even got a precision line across the top of his brow; I'm hoping that the ice helped prevent a bit of the bruising.

Caleb has been invited to a party on Saturday. I'm not sure whether it was intentional or by accident, So I have to call and check with the parent and then also check with our family schedule. Caleb has gone DAYS and WEEKS without stages, so I'm thinking it is time for recognition of such. I learned today that he has been getting food coloring at snack time. I guess that would explain the no-naps and the picking on Jockey stuff. He's got a field trip coming up at the Woodland park Zoo. I think he will have fun, although I hope to get both boys there this summer. Caleb's party is on Sunday and he is stoked, especially when he starts seeing the preparatory items/actions that we are taking. He talks almost non-stop about his birthday. When did we adults stop being so excited about birthdays?

So that's the update. More proabably after Sunday.
TTFN.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Isn't it cute how "into" their birthdays our kids get? I love watching how excited they are. I have to confess, this year I'm excited, too, because 40 is a huge deal to me. I feel like shouting "I'm alive!" from the rooftops. :-)
Glad you're back blogging - I've been checking for updates. (I DID like the monkeys, by the way!)

Krystal said...

I liked the monkeys too, but I couldn't see them enough and wasn't sure anyone else could either. Regardless, fun changes are good and will keep coming.