Thursday, March 04, 2010

Day Five of Baby rabbits and other.

First the other. Jockey has finally caught the stomache bug that has been going around. He was up every 45 minutes since 2AM and on through the morning. And perhaps TMI he's got it coming out both ends. The little guy has nothing left in him, and he's not really hungry. We are making water, broth and crackers available to him, but he's just not eating. Rather he is sleeping. We are on a second load of laundry today. I've told the boys to NOT share food or drinks etc in the hopes of preventing the spread, tried to keep washing my hands, and spray disinfecting the bathrooms and the air. I don't want a second boy tossing his cookies. And I can't afford to be sick until the 14th and even then only for 2 days. So it just doesn't work into my schedule. So we are doing all we can to prevent it. I'm pretty proud that my kids have taken this long to get it and that they haven't had anything else for quite a while. Keep Jockey in your prayers. He will be missing Awana and pretty sure he'll be missing school tomorrow too.
As for rabbit news. Ok, either both mike and I are awful counters, or the mass of wiggly things is just troublesome and a count shouldn't be attempted,... or mama canabalized one and we can't find the parts (I know, gruesome but it happens.) But I counted 7. That's it, 7. I'll check the rest of the box for whatever a bit later, but 7. 4 speckles/brokens and 3 darks. (**edited, we have 7, there were 8, don't know where/what happened but it's no longer present.) Still one of the darks is a small fella/gal, but oh boy was there a full round little pot belly on it this morning! It has chowed down. They look to be a little bit more at peace and even more so less fragile. A couple of them settle down and just rest in your hand, others fidget and pee (yes already.) They have more fur and are warm and fuzzy. It's amazing the "heat seeking" quality of them. They could be set down anywhere and they have an innate sense to burrow down and find their siblings for warmth. A good example of God's perfect programming.
Here's the family:

This is the littlest guy/gal:




This is the big brother/sister (this one loves to just sit calmly in the palm of my hand):


More later if anything's pertinent.










1 comment:

Kristina said...

Confession: I've fallen in love with the littlest one, and find myself cheering for it. Go little one - grow, grow, grow! I've decided it's the cutest. :-)

I can't believe how quickly they change - thank you for sharing the photos. I'm fascinated!