Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Day three of baby rabbits.

We haven't lost any to exposure/lack of feeding etc. Rosie is still doing great and will even approach us while holding her babies. The babies are a little bigger, more sure in their movements though still jerky (especially when you uncover them in the nest so that they think food is coming and they are going for it), they are covered in peach fuzz now and you can start to see what their colorings will be. I think we have a couple like papa who are "broken tortise"(white and mottled/marbled brown) and a couple like mama (I think), but we'll have to wait another week and a half to be sure. They have bright nubs of TEETH, already! Well, they are rodents I suppose.

The boys are thrilled with the bunnies, but are doing really good at only going out once in a day to look and bother them. I'm sure when they are a bit bigger with their eyes open the boys will be out there all the time (another great reason for a gentle winter/early spring).

Caleb thinks we should keep at least four (my eyes roll), but I think I might have found 2 more homes... that's a total of 3 maybes. Not bad for 3 days of searching for homes.

So here are today's pictures:
(see the speckles mid-back, those will be brown... anything pink will be white.)

This will be dark/tortise (rosie colored).

Another dark one whom the boys call Darko for now.

This one is just a little mostly white some speckles precious. (held by Jockey)

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Oh my gosh they are getting cute! I want to see them before they're all grown...