Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hello all.

This last weekend we spent a nice evening in the brisk cool weather seeing an amazing Christmas light display at Warm Beach Christian Camp and Convention Center. It was beautiful, a millon lights. I read that if they strung all the lights end to end, it would make it from the camp all the way to the Space Needle. 11 MILES of extension cords. I really liked showing Caleb the Nativity. It is life size and it made an impact on him. In all the beauty, this year we also got to DO a couple things. We heard a story read out loud, Caleb made a toy in the Joyland Toy workshop, he even got the courage up enough to ride a pony. Caleb and Josh both saw a person dressed like Santa. Caleb was too shy to do much talking or sit with Santa... although if asked about it he would tell it like he had a long conversation with his old pal Santa. Caleb talks like he is going to see him soon. Makes me wish that there was someone dressed up to look like Jesus, because that is who Caleb's really been asking to see. It feels unjust to have a Santa figure but not a Jesus figure... maybe I'll suggest it somewhere! Josh, on the other hand, was not so thrilled about being anywhere near, let alone held, by a oddly dressed stranger! He burst into tears the moment that Santa picked him up. Josh LOVED everything else. He is really and outdoorsy type kid, and he just took off when he was finally set down on the ground. He ran from lights to lights touching them and (glup) banging on them to make them dance and dazzle.
It was a nice evening of family and festivities. Rene, Mel, Matthew, Nick, Tyler, Grandpa Bill and Grandma Judy, Grammy Dahl, and Grandpa Dahl and then of course my own family were all in attendance.

Monday, Jockey was picked up by Grammy Dahl. When asked, Caleb elected Joshy to go with Grammy. He stood at the door and waved and said good by over and over and "take care Jockey grammy!" and then shut the door. He realy wanted time with just me. And we did. We played with the toy he made at the toy workshop. We finger painted followed IMMEDIATELY by a bath, we watched a show together, made dinner and muffins together... He really liked it. At one time he did ask where Jockey was, was Joshy in his room sleeping. And then this morning he looked for Josh and asked where he was again... but he is still enjoying being the only one that I have to hold.


For those who know who Garfield is, you'll find it funny that Caleb calls him "Catfield." Caleb came into my room one night and told me he was scared that it was a bad show. He said that there was a bad black cat in the show "Catfield". It took me a while to figure out who "Catfield" was.

The other funny thing is that Caleb calls Littlefoot, from the movie Land Before Time, "Babyfoot". All during the movie he said and I corrected him "what Baby foot doing? where Babyfoot mommy?" No Caleb, it's littlefoot. Regardless, it was cute.

Caleb is also hilarious when I tell him that I have to use the restroom. He says, "I know, I show you where" and then has to walk me to the bathroom and say "here, here it is" and point. In my own home, I need a tour of where the bathroom is...

Ok, Caleb says it is time to play...thanks for reading.

No comments: