Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hi all,

We finally went out and got our Christmas Tree. We drove all the way up to Skykomish and chopped a tree down in the National Forest... don't worry, we got a permit to do so.

I'll have to post a picture or two later of that day. It was really fun, although a little scary at times. Why is it that the passenger side always seems closest to the cliff when we are stuck in the snow?!

Caleb asked me "Mommy, where polar bears? I want to see them." It took some convincing that they didn't live in Washington. And then he spent the rest of the time pointing out the trees/Christmas trees.... in a forest, can you imagine how many times we heard "there's a tree."
The dogs loved getting out and running in the snow. Caleb threw snowballs and Josh thought that that was the most wonderful thing. Snowballs are just like balls that he has at home you know... only cold. I had to change him into a snow outfit that allowed him to actually touch the snow. He was getting frustrated that he couldn't touch it when we was wearing the parka that covers his hands. And when it was time to go, Josh screamed in frustration as Mike put in him the truck. Josh was NOT ready to go!

We got a sufficient tree. I like it, though Mike thinks it could be fuller. On a Nobel "Full" is a relative term. We might try a different type of tree next year.

Caleb and Josh helped decorate it. They are in awe when it is all turned on and lit up. The lower half of our tree is significantly les decorated than the top. Josh thinks that the things at the bottom are just so interesting. He likes to pull them off and squeal and run off and play keep away! So we are going to have to get some PLASTIC red bulbs for the bottom of the tree or Josh might re-live one of the not so fun times of Mike's infanthood... biting into a red shiny bulb thinking it's an apple... But as we decorated the tree, Josh would come over and give kisses and then run away and then come back again. I think he was excited with all the activity going on.
Caleb insist he help, which was sweet. And when I put up the nativity, he sat and I told him the Christmas story as each piece came out of the box. He and I do that every year, next year Josh will listen too! Caleb and Josh are both in love with the Nutcrackers we have. I had one, and then Grandpa Bill gave the kids one. So now they are standing post on the mantel. Josh keeps running over and pointing at them, or the nativity, or ANY of the decorations. He is just interested and mesmerized with the lights and everything new in the house.

Caleb has gotten to see a lot of the Christmas movies. He keeps asking for "that movie the boy drumming". That was one that I particularly wanted to show him this year, and it feels special each time that he asks and wants to share that with me. He and I watched Polar Express too. When ever there was a touching moment in the movie, Caleb would look over at me with a little grin and then give me a hug... it happened several times. It was a nice, Jockey-free, time that he and I shared. He really is getting excited, but mostly curious. Caleb loves the lights that are in the neighborhood. The most difficult thing for me is that he keeps asking to meet/see Jesus. I remember this stage when I was little too, and I'm trying hard to remember how I finally understood so that I can pass it along to him. He loves Jesus so much, it's hard to explain not seeing Him.

Zuma was particularly grumpy tonight, so Caleb laid hands are her and prayed for her. I thought that was so cute.

Well, it's late and the day will come sooner than I expect. Good night.

No comments: