Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Why do you think God wants us to rest and sleep?" A question from the new Devotions book/bedtime stories from the Small Family.

Caleb's answer "It's a good plan". It can't get more simple than that.

Jockey is in a new phase (please Lord, let it be temporary) of waking up at YIKES 6:30AM. I know for some people that doesn't sound early, but it is for us non-morning people who often don't get into bed and sleeping until 11 or Midnight! And have I mentioned that naps are rare these days too. Either the boys are timing them right (especially if Josh is up at 6:30 and wants his first nap when Caleb wakes up) or I have to get other things done during their naptimes.

At this stage, I'm also wondering why we gave Jockey the perfect hitting toy... a pretend lightsaber/ hit-your-brother-wand.... Sometime I have great foresight, other times my desire to not have them share makes me shortsighted.

Caleb has gotten exceptionally more clingy lately. I'm not sure if it is a natural phase or whether it is a by-product of me having to go to "work" more and leave him with Daddy or Grammy more. I am thinking even both are options. He was clingy and not wanting to participant in gymnastics class, but that was before I began to "work". And now, he wants to cuddle and fights for his time with me, and often I wake up to him having climbed into bed and is trying to cuddle next to me. Even the warmer Pjs didn't solve that problem so I don't think he is just cold at night. Well, I hope this works itself out.

Jockey is a rebel. When I say "Josh no no, don't ----" this is quickly translated into "full speed ahead, run away and do it anyway Josh....and don't forget to giggle so it looks cute!" He's a mischief maker alright, and I think he has figured out that he is younger and he gets away with a lot more... well, time to crack down. Like I told the boys, there is a reason that God made me bigger and older than them, because hopefully that means I'm smarter, or at least big enough to sit on them until they giggle and behave.

Well, off for devotions time. Caleb tries to tell me he is really big and strong and he can fight off the bats or ants or whatever it is... He's really getting an ego. Is that possible, already? Ok, good night, and I hope to return with other gems of conversation with the kiddos soon.

No comments: