Friday, April 24, 2009

Quick post in chopping language:

Caleb's @ School right now. We'll pick him up, take him and Jockey to Woodinville (I'm making PBJ for them to be garnished w/ delightful oranges) and drop them off with Grammy. She will take them until Papa Dahl gets off work and they will then leave to go to Chelan. Caleb's really excited and looking forward to everything. From the sounds of it, it sounds like he is going to rule the roost this weekend. (glad it's not my roost, he's been in a power struggle with me over this one, sigh.) Regardless, I'm sure that everyone will have a great time, they will do lots of things, swim etc. Thank you Grammy and Papa for taking them.

So while the mice are away, what do the cats do? BUSY BUSY BUSY. I have several errands to run, centerpieces to make (I'm proud of the inspiration I had to turn and apple&rose&ribbon&paper into a placecard), I have Devonshire Cream and Lemon curd to make, stuff to haul to the church, set up of course. Decide what to wear for tomorrow, haul more stuff over tomorrow, be a smiling hostess, bring it all home and clean it all up and put it all away. Attend church, and somewhere in the midst of it all.... Mike would like some of my attention too (and of course, watch the NFL draft... hopefully that will keep him occupied a bit.)

So I've got them all packed up and just running through my head over and over again all the things that they will need, where to find them, and all the things that I need to do and not to forget too. The sun is beautiful out and I'm going to feed off the brilliant energy as long as I can!

Have a great weekend.

No comments: