Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday, today the weather was beautiful. We used it to a great advantage....

Thank you Peter (aka Grandpa Dahl) for coming the second day in a row to work on installing carpet!

Also, the first bunny was picked up today and headed home. One of my MOPS/Bible Study friends came with her son today and picked out a rabbit. They had visited and thought he liked Speckles, but about half way through their visit today, Andrew decided that he would like to have Tawny. Tawny is Jockey's absolute favorite in the world. And the decision was made while Tawny was in Jockey's arms. Jockey's initial response was NO, but he said that once and I stopped and told him that they live near by and that we could visit any time. From there on out Jockey's behavior and maturity absolutely shocked and amazed me. This is a red letter day of motherhood pride. Jockey showed Andrew how to hold it, told him what Tawny liked to eat. Kissed Tawny good bye. He didn't cry, stomp, pout... NOTHING. I was so moved by his behavior. My friend was ready to say not to pick Tawny, but I explained to her that we would rather the favorite rabbit be near by to visit than go to a stranger far far away. She's also got 4 kids from ages 2 to 8, and Tawny was an excellent choice. Tawny has been well acclimated to being held by children and has been well prepared for a home with children.

So when they left. I took Jockey aside and told him how proud I was of him and how adult/"big boy" he had acted. I told him that Tawny would have a great home with the family of kids to hold/play with him and that Jockey had prepared that little rabbit for that perfect home through his care for Tawny. He said, "Yeah. I knew that he was gonna change his mind. I take good care of my rabbits because I'm the special Rabbit Man and I just love rabbits. Mommy, I love you." Jockey is amazing in the way he processed this whole experience. Again, I'm so very proud of him. And we look forward to visiting Tawny at his new home.

Still 6 for which to find homes. I pray that each rabbit departure is handled as maturely by the boys.

That's all for now, for some reason, I'm just worn out and the boys have lots of "mommy will you" and "mommy, can I"... I've got to go take care of some of those.

No comments: