Monday, April 05, 2010

Three Easter Egg Hunts.... What do to with all that candy (especially when the boys are benefactors of so much food coloring)?

Well, I wish I could say that I'm clever enough to come up with this idea, but as it is, I'll just take credit for seeing the potential and going with the flow. So the boys come down with 2 glasses filled with water and about 1/4 of their candy drowned and stuck in the bottom of the glass saying "Look Mom, a science experiment. You know colors and dissolving". Now I could have freaked out (especially about the wrappers littering the kitchen) and made them dump them out. However, I saw this for the blessing that it truly was. How else do you get two typical candy-crazy boys to be excited about getting rid of and not eating their food coloring bounty... a science experiment. So with the wisdom only God himself could have given, I said "oh, wow, it will take a while to dissolve though. You'll just have to set it down and check on it later." And later they moved on to another set of experiments and now most of their candy is gone. Yes, they did eat a fair share. Fair, not overboard insanity inducing quantities. Happy ending. And Caleb goes on record for saying that Easter is his most favorite day of the year to celebrate Jesus because he can have food color!

I overheard Caleb and Jockey talking the other day. Caleb was telling Jockey that "I have two names that you can call me. Caleb or Brudder (yes, pronounced that way), but I prefer Brudder." Just a cute kid-ism.
Another went something like this: "wow mom, I think I'm going to call you Fire Head. Or maybe Lava Girl"... After a recent hair make over. (BTW, I've gotten several less ambigous compliments.)

So Day One of Spring Break: Science Experiments, Rabbit holding, playing in the backyard, forts.
Day Two: pick up from day one, Tennis and spend the night with Grammy and Papa Dahl.
Day Three: get picked up by Mom and off to a playdate with a Literacy Lab buddy of Caleb's.
Day Thursday: Something with Dad, Mom works.
Day Friday... Don't know yet.

Easter: Church, grocery shopping, house pick up, Dinner with Grammy and Papa at our house.
Dentist: Filling date in May, Cleaning Date in June. Recommended extractions (possible implants later) and root canals on 3 others. Thank God for tranquilizers because if I could remember all of the appointment I'd be panicked right now. I think I'll go be an ostrich for a while.
Bunnies: 1 has a home planned, 6 to find for sure homes. Weaning planned for this week ending.

That's all for now.

No comments: