Saturday, April 07, 2007


Pictures from the Eggs Hunts:



Caleb's Preschool Hunt




Face painting at the Preschool. He said he wanted a Cross, until another boy got a bat, then he had to have both.



Fryelands Egg Hunt. Joshy got lots. The competition for Caleb's age group was stiffer both in Quantity of Kids and quickness. Also, I got one of the top 3 panics, maybe the top most panic, about my kids since I became a mom: Most of the parents broke the recommended rules and went on the field with their kids, which got between Caleb and I. I didn't go on the field because I was trying to adhere to the rules and watch Joshy and our stroller at the same time, we got separated and the horde of people enveloped Caleb (who had run out to get eggs to the center of the field). When the crowd dispersed he was gone! Absolutely gone. "Do I stand right here, will he know to come back, is he behind the sign, will he know who or where to go for help, did someone take him? " "I'll look like an idiot if I have lost my kid and am screaming for him", I screwed that I idea and started shouting. I was seconds from finding an officer when I heard a squealy MOMMY, of course lots of mommy's turn, but especially those looking for kids. He was more than 50 feet away from the field that he had hunted in, and it was in the opposite direction of the horde who had moved to the next age grouped field (that might have been a blessing that he didn't get swepted away with the crowd!) He was upset when he returned. He had little over 1/2 dozen eggs, (see competition is stiff, ESPECIALLY with all the parents breaking ranks and helping.) I tried to remember this is about him and told him he did great (swallowing my fear of losing him) and just hugged him. I told him that I had been scared, and then he admitted he was scared too... probably the real reason for him being tearful about his egg hunt. I tell you, IF there is a next time, I will NOT follow the rules! I will be on that field breaking ranks and ribs if anyone tries to get between me and my son again... so I probably won't go alone to a crowd with age grouped activities again. I'm not big on crowds anyway... but other than this panic, we did have a good time with the crafts and toys and other misc handouts they gave the boys.
So that was today, April 7th.


That's all for today other than a Happy Birthday shout out to Auntie Danene, aka Aun Dee.
Have a great birthday. I hope the day holds happy weather and activities for you.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! And as Caleb says "JESUS IS RISEN!"

No comments: