Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Well, Christmas is getting close, and things are getting really really busy.

This is Caleb's last week of school until January 8th when he picks it back up again. I think that I'm going to try to get the kids from the preschool down to Pump It Up for a energy burn off in the break sometime. And I'm going to look into the Children's Museum free day???? for them too. The kids will go stir crazy without sometime to keep them busy.

As a family we haven't done anything monumental. We have turned it into a family pass-time to watch Caleb "do his cool moves" (aka dancing). He actually dances different to every type of music with little to no hesitation. He's funny to watch, but now Joshy is also getting into the hang of it.

Joshy is getting ever so much more talkative. Where Caleb at this stage said "me honkey", Joshy actually said "I hunger." Latter being a complete sentence the former being hilarious.

Joshy is addicted to drawing. But, drum roll please, Caleb actually wrote his name this last week!!!! He is getting really good with his letters. And we are working on his numbers too, and even MATH! I can't believe it. But I want him well prepared for Kindergarten, so I better drill and drill and drill him. Mike is helping, which is great, because I quickly bore of 2+1....

Again the presents around the tree are shockingly being left alone. And even more shocking, Caleb is being able to "keep surprises". Mike is right that we need to try to distinguish between "secrets" and "surprises". Caleb is doing great with that, but he often wants to keep secrets with Joshy, but not being practiced in covert behavior, I overheard him talking loudly in their forts about their secrets and most of them involve, I'm sorry to say, defecate. Mostly beign, I guess.

Well, it's off to getting Caleb to school, groceries, post office... the list goes on, and I work too. So TTFN.

No comments: