Thursday, July 10, 2008

How is the summer going for you?! Isn't the weather beautiful!

Our strawberries our so plentiful we can barely keep up eating what is produced. There were even a few days that I felt so awful, I didn't get out to pick the ripe ones... those are now fertilizer. The boys go out more than daily and hunt for berries. And our raspberries, despite looking all but dead and brown, the boys still find about 4 a day. Strange.

The kids enjoyed another day at the pool yesterday. They are developing both a tan and great swimming skills.

Caleb spent Tuesday with Grammy Dahl, which was great because he then also got to see Tessa. He was very excited, though from what I'm told, he wanted to play with her way more than she did with him. I wonder if that has anything to do with the early morning arrival and early wake up call he gave her. I'm sure if he was asked he would say that he was too excited to wait to play with her. He is just so excited to be around kids right now.

Monday, I worked and then stopped at the park with the kids. They ran around and played really well for over an hour before it was finally lunch time. I might have to take them this even to get some wiggles out again. Depends on how I feel.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor who spontaneously ordered another X-ray and CT.... I'm still waiting on the results. But I'm on a new medication for the bladder (stop spasms)... one word of advice that wasn't on the instructions... "EAT WITH FOOD". I was sick as a dog because I took in on an empty stomach, ruined the rest of the day. The kids are astonishing me with their compassion at one moment, and then they are jumping on me and begging to have their way the next. I know it's hard to stay focused on others for them being so little; it's nice to see at least a fleeting glimpse of concern in them, even in little 2 yr old Joshy.

Joshy is cracking me up lately. It is so strange to hear a little two year old say "awesome" when he thinks something is really neat or finally understands something. Like when I read them the books on spiders (we are working through their fears with knowledge) and when he heard some of the interesting facts he said "awesome" with a truly genuine awed tone in the whispered word. It is just priceless. I wish I could audio record as much as I have photographically recorded. I'm also thinking that I need to do another hand mold of the boys. The last one I did was before Jockey turned one, now he is nearly 3... and as my mom said, their hands are only going to be small for a little while longer and right NOW! As luck would have it, I think that Ben Franklin might have molds, and perhaps they will be discounted and at the "Sidewalk sale"... crossing my fingers on that!

The boys got renewed "Summer" haircuts Tuesday. They are both really excited to get haircuts for some reason. I guess it is the showers that inevitably follow. But this time they both sat still, and I can hold my head up proudly that they don't have blatantly obvious bad/mistake cuts anywhere.

Well, that's about all for now. I have 3 jobs to do before I even accomplish anything on the "want-to-do" list. So I better get to it.

No comments: