Monday, September 01, 2008

HAY, EveryBUNNY, we are home and so is Shooter the rabbit.


We have debated the name. Caleb thinks Hopper is a good nickname, Joshy suggested Bush and Bushwhabbidt??? (like bush whacked?) and I thought Salad (as in Salad Shooter)..... well, I think that the name Shooter is stuck. So that's it. Shooter.

Here are a few pictures of our adoption process:

We, as you know, found and became enamored with Shooter at the Fair.


This is the breeder taking her moment to say good bye. (She was sad when her daughter decided that Shooter would go up for sale, it was one of her favorites.)
Yes, we brought Shooter home in a Huggies Baby Wipes box. It was customized with air holes, and now is his nesting box in his hutch.

And lastly, the introductions (dogs to rabbits) and, of course, lots of holding and cuddles.









We got a really good deal on a Hutch off of craigslist, Monroe Farm and Feed has really good prices on the food and pellets... we are set.

Shooter is home, he is eating well, he's getting settled in and will calm down from the fair activity within the next couple days. He's gone around and sniff all of his hutch and rubbed everything to make it smell like home to him. He is already a big cuddler, including being held while on his back. The kids are straining against the rules to hold still, move slow, be gentle and the bubbling over excitement. I try to make them take turns to hold the rabbit, but when it is not Joshy's turn, his eyes well up and puffs out his lower lip and says "I want to pet my bunny" and then cries or Joshy says "I want my own rabbit [to hold]". (no way, little dude.)

********** ***************** ***********

In NON-rabbit news: Joshy is doing REMARKABLY well, darn near 100%, on the potty training. He is just doing awesome! And on his birthday, I put him in a pull-up, he was so embarassed. He just buried his face in the couch or hung back in the other room. I finally went over and asked him what was wrong and he told me that he was a big boy and that he wanted to wear underwear like a big boy. OKAY! And to my recollection, we have zero to just one accident since his birthday party! I don't include nights, but he's been dry most mornings too! Which is all fantastic because tomorrow (TUESDAY) is Jitters Day at Preschool. Time for teacher, room and building introductions. Getting comfortable in that environment, to include learning where the potty room is! He's excited. He has another success tonight and he said "Now I get to go to preschool" and I finally got to say "You're right and that's tomorrow!".


Caleb was approved for MORNING Kindergarten! YEAH!!! It is going to be hard to get out of the door every morning on time and getting 3 people ready, BUT it is the best decision for Caleb. And I'm relieved that I didn't have to do more confrontation with the school than I already did. Orientation is on Wednesday morning. We meet his teacher, learn where his room is etc.

For both boys the first actual, "normal" day of school is Thursday. Oh gee, what will I do with myself for 2 hours?? Not surprising, I already have 100 answers to that question (grocery shop, clean house, laundry, bank reconcilations, scrapbook, cuddle the new bunny.

Awana starts on the 11th for both boys. And I haven't really mentioned a bunch about that, I'm sure if they knew that they would be over the moon excited about that, too.

That is all for now, as if that isn't enough, right?! Hope you enjoyed the pictures and wish us good luck with bunny/children/dog interaction. Good night.

No comments: