Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome to another week in life.

It's started out gray and cold. I've got Caleb to school without event and was productive while he was in school. From here is kind of goes down hill.

Caleb's backpack was accidentally picked up by someone else and now is missing.
Grocery shopping took 2 hours! When does it ever take me two hours! And it was soooo very hard to get all the things that I thought we needed and try to stay on or within reason of the budget. It hasn't been this hard in months. I guess we must be stocking up on things I'd let our stock run out on. And my feet and calves were in agony by the time it was over. I just gave up the idea to get to the library. (Maybe the new shoes bought at 60% off will help, of course it's probably why it took longer to shop.) I just got an email reqgarding my work that the stores were wrong in telling me they didn't have the Halloween product/display, so I have to go BACK and re-work the stores! sigh. I spoke with Mike, Joshy turned up sick today, of course he really wasn't awake until he was already at Grammy's house. He was so excited to see her and he drew her special pictures, but then he ended up sleeping alot during his visit with her.

Shooter had jumped out of my arms when spooked by the kids and kind of hurt his foot. By he's been on temporary isolation (he's allowed out, but no holding because in the kid's case that also means squeezing). I sit at the hutch entrance with the door open and allow him to hop into my lap. (This is how I know he IS putting weight on his hurt foot, although it is the last foot to come down when he hops.) He seems to be improving each day which leads me to believe it was a straing of a muscle or a bruise. He hops like lightening and stands and it stretching in and using it for grooming now, I'm just going to give it a few more days of non-holding to ensure a full healing. He is really enjoying the times that I allow him to run in the backyard, and while the weather is tolerable, I should do so. He just hops and nibbles his way through the yard and then comes back to check in and then is off at the speed of light again. Mike even made a ramp for Shooter to hop back into his hutch if he wanted to. I'm still always out there for supervision though.

Kindergarten Cirriculm night is Thursday, same with Awana. Last Thursday night was PTA. And last Thursday, Caleb was acting so disobedient and crazy that the director actually got him and Jockey confused and sent Caleb back to the Cubbies class... We had a talk. I am hoping that he will understand the seriousness of the situation and improve his behavior because he is learning his verses which was impressive to have learned it as fast as he did. So we will see.

So I'm keeping busy and trying to keep the kids busy too. Caleb and I played catch, trimmed back the trees, bushes and weeded yesterday too. I didn't get any household cleaning done today but I'm still exhausted. Joshy kept me up late last night, maybe that's why.

Ok, I'll keep you posted. Bye for now.

No comments: