Monday, November 17, 2008

And another week begins....

I'm happy that it isn't raining today. This means that Caleb can be dropped off with a little time to play and get his wiggles out before school actually starts. I think he needs this time and in the winter I know it will be rare. So for today, I'm happy about the non-rain. And I suppose that I should be happy that it is light enough to play, I'm sure the winter will bring a dark 8:30 AM. This week also marked the beginning of a slightly longer school day for Caleb. He will now get out 7 minutes later, at 11:32. I'm not sure what that gets us/him. But the tricky part is now picking Joshy up at 11:30 and trying to get to Caleb's school in 2 minutes. (Before I had 5 minutes to commute between the schools and half the city.)

Great news report: Caleb has been without Stages (discipline at school) for over 2 weeks now!!!! He is doing great and really is proud of himself. I'm happy that he has found success and likes the way that that feels.
Mike visited the classroom as a volunteer, and Caleb really is one of the better behaved and focused students. While I was shocked to hear that, I am pleased that all the work that we went to earlier this school year has actually paid off.

Joshy is back into the housebroken habit. It is such a relief. He's very happy with himself, he also has out how success feels. He's a big boy and no one can tell him different. Of course, he also insists that he is a "super fast" ninja turtle. Yes, he is still saying super fast for everything, running, writing, walking, spinning (on the LIFE board game wheel).

We went to Papa Bill's house for dinner on Saturday. Joshy and Caleb insisted on getting into costume. They were so excited that they put their costumes on before NOON, and even took naps in the costumes (and Caleb slept in his shoes) so that they would be all ready when it was time to leave. Joshy attended dinner as Buzz and Caleb went as Spiderman, of course, by the time dinner actually rolled around, Caleb was in normal clothes and Joshy had stripped himself down to underwear (he hasn't worn clothes under the costume).

Well, time to get everyone up and dressed for the day.
Have a great week.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Wasn't today's weather beautiful? Tessa and I met friends at a park near Alki and played outside for two hours, and Ryan and I had a beach date tonight under the stars. Lovely. I really am enjoying these crisp fall days - even if I'm wearing boots, hat, scarf, long coat, gloves.....! :-)