Monday, November 03, 2008

Another week begun brings another month.

Fall is still out in a bloom of color. I don't like the dark much, and I can tolerate the rain. But I really like the frenzy of colors. I like them on the trees like enormous color puffs. I like it when the leaves fall into a blanket that I like to think of as colorful snow. I like to sit quietly and listen to the wind and the or the periodic fall of a leaf, it's almost as magical as the sound of snow falling. I hope to share this appreciation with my boys. Joshy will love the colors as he is showing lots of interest in artistic things. And Caleb will like the rough and tumble in a pile of leaves and maybe the smell since you can't help but smell like fall after you've rolled in it.

We took an evening walk in the dark, the cold and the rain. The kids had a blast because it was a perfect time for flashlights. We arrived home and plunged into cups of warm cocoa garnished with today's find of Dye-free Marshmallows (for the incredible $1 a bag, rather than the 36 for $ at Whole Foods.)

Now the kids are tucked into bed and hopefully getting good rest for their school tomorrow.

We worked with them on homework tonight. Again. It sometimes seems as if we are doing more with Caleb than what he's doing at school. (Thank you Grammy and Papa Dahl for the great workbook from Costco!!! Excellent!!) He is still doing great and not getting stages at school, too.

Joshy has decided that he has to do everything "super..." He wants to run "Super fast", he wants to walk "super fast". He wants to be "super cool". He is saying all sorts of things with extreme enthusiam... "oh my gosh, that's so cool".

There was something else I was going to put on here, but I forget. I'll try to remember tomorrow.


No comments: