Thursday, November 20, 2008



Well the weekend is upon us.

We've braved school, stages, Sparks, Cubbies, MOPS, Leading MOPS crafts, homework, my work, daddy's work, city coucil meetings (Mike attended to help prevent Breed specific language in the new dog control laws; Cane Corsos were unbelievably and foolishly on the dangerous animal list) and weather this week. Hopefully the weekend will lend a bit of wind down time.
I just had to share these pictures. I'm a sucker for color and there's nothing like what nature displays for us.




Wednesday night (facing EAST, if you can believe it):


Thursday morning:
This sunrise was gone in the 5 minutes I took to shower. It reminded me of how quickly life changes, children's phases, problems or even good times are over so very quickly. Stop and take a moment to see it because if we walk past and jump in the shower we'll miss something great.
Spectacular sunrises and sunsets are one thing that this city (Monroe) unexpectedly always offered us. I'm SOOO glad I got the kids to the park this week before the rain came in.

Jockey is still a "super fast ninja turtle" running around dressed in his BUZZ costume. He is insisting he is a big boy, even at bed time and that means he is tearfully protesting pull-ups. But after two nights of issues, we are now pulling rank and insisting on him wearing them.

Caleb is still in love with shooter. He goes out and sits on the edge of the hutch with the door open and interacts for 10-15 minutes at a time. (That's a long time doing anything in Caleb's world.) Caleb had three days with stages in them this week. We are hoping to get back on track soon starting with Thursday (a successful no-stage day).

My work is back under manageable hours, much to my (and Mike's) relieve. And I'm settling in at the store(s) that I visit most and they are getting to know me. It makes it more comfortable to walk in and get right to work, and I know the routine for each store and can work much faster now too.

So that's it for night now. Hope your weekend is looking fun and eventful or relaxing and uneventful, what ever you choose.

No comments: