Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We are back from camping. We left in the drench of rain which threatened floods, and yes, it did finish up Friday that way. The bright spot of Friday, we saw 6 deer before we even got into our campsite! The rest of the trip was clear & sunny (or partly sunny). There was of course wind, but it only rained after 9pm when we were already tucked into the trailer for bed for family movie watching. We were visited by Grammy and Papa Dahl Saturday morning. We made it to the Farmer's market which was inside this time. We made it into Burlington, we surprised the kids with seeing the new movie "Madagascar 2" (we had coupons, so it was 100% free), we stopped into Michael's crafts for my benefit, the Christian Book store. We took evening walks and soaked in the moonlight. I tried to teach the kids about night vision (when it's dark at 5PM, this is a good skill to have). We drove around and saw neat old houses, Mike and the boys got into the community pool during and open swim time. I was able to wi-fi check my email and clear up somethings for my work (yes, it is actually turning into a real part-time job averaging about 4.5-7 hours a week, I wish someone would have told me this ahead of time, but I'm told it will slow after the new year.) Most notably, we discovered a new hike/lake: Lake Whistle. It was about a 3 mile round trip hike in. It was beautiful, if a little muddy and windy. It was peaceful and despite being only 10-15 outside of town, it really felt like we were hours into the woods. I can't wait to see it in the glory of summer. Overall, we were amazingly blessed with clear days and the 4 days of no school and no work to use on Camping trip in NOVEMBER! (This means we will not be out of town this year for Thanksgiving, does this mean I have to learn how to make a Turkey? I've avoided it for 10 years... doesn't ham sound nice? Regardless, Caleb is all about the pie!)

We are back and have plunged right in to the routine. Caleb's back at school, dreading homework and naps. Joshy can't wait to get back to school, but he doesn't have any until next week. I worked today (with Joshy). I work nearly 8 additional hours in the coming 2 days. We have Awana tomorrow, and the rest of life keeps chugging along too.

So, it's time to go make dinner, and make sure that the family world turns on an even axis too. TTFN.

No comments: