Saturday, January 24, 2009

What is it with boys and forts?

I mean I get the fort thing kind of, I liked them when I was a kid.... but Caleb and Jockey are near obsessed. I've built forts for them plenty of times, but I can't keep up with the voracious fort appetite. So their forts end up being a pile (and I mean a big pile) of blankets. They bury and nestle themselves in and thinks it is great. Their favorite is when they build said forts in front of the tv and get to watch a cartoon, or in a bedroom and they get to sleep in it.

They received a pile of cars and trucks this week from Mike's co-worker. From that point on, they have been playing with cars non-stop. The cars even made Joshy's show-n-tell priority. He's got plenty of things to take, but he is latching on certain cars, a blue one his day, a purple one the next. I love that they boys are brought joy by the simplest things.

I've been reading Caleb some scholastics readers books from Auntie Kristina. (Huge thanks Aunt Kristina). They really are helping him. It's vastly frustrating when he wont even look at the book's page or the word I'm directly pointing at. However, he is actually sounding out words. He shocks me when he actually does try that he really does know what he is doing. I can't seem to get him to want to read. I don't think this is an uncommon problem, so who do we get past this?

Joshy's make up Christmas program was this week. I sped through work and made it back to his school in time to see him perform. Of course, I forget the camera. He was so cute, he actually did sing about 4 words and then huge pauses and back to the same 4 words. He actually stood (not sat) on the stage. But when he saw me, he screamed out Mommy and tried walk to me. Twice.

MOPS, FINALLY! The Ladies finally were able to get together, no more floods, blizzards etc to cancel our meetings. We had a good time chatting and getting to work on the craft that I prepared. It was alot of work, but very worth it. I can't wait until the next MOPS.

Otherwise the week is has been busy but routine. The weather is chilly, but it's going to be sunny! We've got the whole weekend to go. You have a good weekend yourselves.

No comments: