Friday, January 30, 2009

A funny story from this week...

One morning, Joshy came crying and screaming to me. He had huge tears and was scared and was saying "my weiner's broken". Never one to jump to a state of panic, I'm thinking I'm going to have to explain to him morning incidents that happen to boys sometimes (read between the lines). No. He is pulling down his underwear as if to show me something. Ok, now I'm a little concerned... blood, something else... doctors might have to get involved. He is still crying huged amounts of tears and thinks something horrible is wrong with his boy parts. He shows me this flesh colored lump in his underwear and says it pulled right off of him; in his mind, part of his weiner is in his underwear. I look at it.... GUM!
WHY DO YOU HAVE GUM IN YOUR UNDERWEAR? In the MORNING, has it been there ALL NIGHT? WHERE did you get it? And most certainly... NO!!! you may NOT chew on it!
Once he realized what it was, and that he was intact, he recovered quickly and said that it was silly. But then he didn't quite understand why I wouldn't let him have the gum, uh mmm duh!

The rest of the week was fairly routine. I worked. Jockey and I got to go to a playgroup with the MOPS moms. Caleb didn't have stages at all this week. Jockey got a new teacher. We enjoyed the one day of light snow. And now it is sunny and we have the full 3 days off of school and work. What to do, what to do....

So that's the week in a nutshell. Have a great weekend.

No comments: