Monday, July 20, 2009

So what happened in our weekend????

The Children's musuem was great...but as for the rest lets see.

Saturday the boys stayed home and played with Mike while I took Auntie Brittany out for her birthday. When I got back we shot out to Snohomish and saw the street fair, ate food, and watched the parade. We were home around 8:30 or so. They had a great time and we saw different things than the Anacortes fair.

Sunday, the highlight was that we drove up to Flowing Lake for a little water splashing, playground, and picnic time. Grammy and Papa Dahl drove up and joined the boys in the water. The boys had a great time, but Caleb kept thinking that any number of water animals were just waiting to snatch him under the water. He kept a keen eye out for sharks, sea turtles and fish...I don't think he understands the difference between saltwater and lake water. I don't know where he got concerned about fish nibbling his toes but he is. Fortunately, we dug out the legendary boogie boards (the ones I used in Hawaii when I was in 8th grade). They were quickly skimming the surface and trying to surf as they were towed around. It wasn't too hot out and it wasn't too cold in the water. The mosquitoes didn't bother us either. The food was good, the lake sounded cheerful and peaceful. The boys had a good time. Can't think of a better way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon/evening. The boys were worn out by the time we got home at the young hour of 7:30... we carried them into bed and that was that. Making for a calm night too!

Now, we are moments away from going to VBS. This is the first day of the next 5 days. I had forgotten that they were taking Josh too, so now I have some days with a bit of "free" time. Of course, then I look at my schedule and find I work two out of five days... so not so much "free" time after all. Well, regardless. The boys should have a lot of fun and hopefully learn a little, and maybe they will even meet up with a few familiar faces. I have hope at least, Caleb's already sad that they aren't going to have recess with soccer. But he's promised to have a good attitude. I'm crossing my fingers.

Ok, that's the update. Here we goooooo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Caleb sounds so much like Liam!