Monday, October 05, 2009

It's October, and I think we've all settled into the season and the routines now.

Caleb gets dropped off a little early for school so he can burn energy and socialize before he's expected to buckle down and learn. Mrs. Adams, his teacher, is visiting the house tonight and give Caleb a chance to show her around and tell her about his interests. The house is in psuedo disaster mode due to "remodeling"/finishing but she gets what she gets. The only really bad rooms are the family/laundry room and the garage. Caleb's not sure really why she's coming. I think it's a boy thing, why does she need to know me? Well, he'll figure it out when she's here.
He actually ask, "why does she get to tell me what to do at home, I thought she only got to be the boss of me at school?"
Awana was better for Caleb last week. I'm glad he was good, because if he is leading people, he might as well lead them in a good direction not into bad actions. He really doesn't want to be responsible for others, but I'm sure he'll be ok with it as he gets older. Because that's just what he's got.

Jockey is loving school. He calls all his classmates friends, but on the other hand if he doesn't feel he plays with them enough he says they aren't his friends. So it goes both ways. He wishes that he could play longer with his friends after class, and I wish I could let him, but we always have to rush to get Caleb that he doesn't get that chance. Maybe next year when Caleb is in first grade and he is in pre-k and we don't have to rush for the brother pick up.
Awana for Jockey last week... let's just say "caught red handed" was an understatement. The teacher said he was the only one who tried to take the red stamp pad out of it's box! We washed his hands 3 times with soap, tried rubbing alcohol, and then spray and wash! And they were still pink, the funny thing was though, the teacher had stopped him by saying "oh, oh, no no no Josh" and he said "what?" as put both hands on his face (like in Home Alone). So he also had pink on his face and neck. FUN. I almost took a picture. I almost had to send him to bed with gloves on to keep everything from getting pink on it.

This last weekend. We just puttered around the house trying to get various projects done. And we attended church. Still many more projects to do. Soon we should be listing the house for sale. I did find out if the paper work closes after 10/31, then we don't have to come up with so much for taxes reserve, which is great news. Maybe by that time they'll calculate using the 2010 rates and it will be even lower! We'll see, it seems so far off and very well might be.

ok, time to start the week/day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you guys, too! I think you have it much more busier than me! Hope we can see each other soon!