Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pictures of Caleb's modified to Spiderman themed room:(Note Buzz Lightyear and ball theme STILL carry on.)

Caleb said thank you again today to me for putting up the Spiderman things in his room. Also, we read close to a dozen books today, and when I looked at the bookshelf to select books, I discovered a Look and Find Spiderman book that we purchased close to a year ago (perhaps even longer). Caleb was delighted. Caleb liked looking for things, but I was surprised that even Joshy found some items too. This is a slightly more difficult book than the Winnie the Pooh versions. I bet that my little book lover, Joshy, will really enjoy the simpler book of Pooh, Piglet and Tigger... and perhaps it will hold hit attention longer.
I took Caleb out on his birthday rollerblades today. He will get the hang of it. He is fine if he just tries to shuffle, not that we get very far, very fast. But he likes to hang on to me and have me pull him, but then he is relying on me and loses his balance. I discovered while we were out that it was set at the largest shoe size (I thought I had seen it on the smallest before we left the house.) So I bet our second time out will be even better. I'm trying to show him how to keep his balance forward and his shoulders over his knees. He'll understand soon.
I weeded the strawberry/blueberry beds this afternoon. I started to have compassion for the choked out berry plants/bushes. I got help weeding, and well, Caleb is not a botanist and a few of the strawberry plants got the worst of it. He then started asking if he can have a strawberry, but they just aren't done yet, although I have berries that are tight and green about the size of a dime or nickle. I can't imagine what this summer is going to be like. I think I'll have to be up at the crack of dawn to get a strawberry, otherwise my 2 little berry munchers are going to beat me to it every day!
Also this evening, we had a silly string war, or rather spraying contest. It didn't last long, but it was a great novelty that Caleb had fun doing. (Mommy and Daddy too.) Joshy then tried to get in on the action; only he dug out the used up can and tried to spray out the last little dribbles. I was surprised that he knew what he was doing without having been shown.
Ok, time to eat.

No comments: