Monday, May 21, 2007

Well, it's a good thing that Caleb's party was yesterday, because I don't know if it could be pulled off today.

It's become apparent the symptoms that Joshy and I have had that I thought were allergies are a cold/flu. Joshy had a runny nose all week, and one day I was confused as whether he spit or threw up, he has had a decreased appetite, and the started a cough. I started coming down with a runny nose yesterday, by the evening I was beat. Today is even worse. No fever or nausea, luckily. But I can't imagine Joshy has felt good for a few days. I'm hoping that Caleb doesn't get sick. I can't handle two sick kids, especially when I am sick myself. Sick kids don't stay in bed and rest like adults do. I wish they would because two sick kids rough housing with each other is a difficult whiny circumstance.

On the bright side, Caleb and Joshy are keeping busy with all of Caleb's new toys. They might fight a bit over them, but they are keeping busy. Joshy really likes his little spiderman. He was telling me all about it this morning. Caleb his in love with all his toys, he rotates which he plays with every 15 minutes or Jockey grabs it and then he moves on to the next.

Last night Caleb was still excited about the Spiderman theme. He had me hang up the banner, poster and a table cloth in his room. The table cloth from Grammy's present was so large it is tacked onto the ceiling like a canopy. He is really enjoying it... and it was alot cheaper to put those things up than to convert all the decorating/bedding to a new theme. Just another example of how kids are made happy with the simplest things, and how blessed we are to have our easily made happy Caleb. And Caleb was truly appreciative. Last night he came home and said thank you for all his gifts again.

Joshy had a great time yesterday too. He really liked being around everyone. He liked playing and having the freedom to run around and explore. He sat with many people and just talked or enjoyed the whole environment. He truly is a social little kiddo. He is getting very talkative too.
I'm sure he'll have a fantastic time when his birthday comes around. And we hope to see all the family gathered around having such a friendly, relaxed time again too. Perhaps birthdays come around just to provide good excuses at set times to get together and see family. (That's better than the other reason, just markers to prove you're getting old.)

Well, that's all I have strength for as I write on Mike's lap top from bed. I'll put a picture up of Caleb's spiderman room additions later.

No comments: