Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Friday. TGIF right! And a Long weekend too!

The report on Caleb's Parent-teacher conference is: First, Caleb drew a self portrait last fall that looked something like a full page catapillar (eyes questionable, if even in exsistence) but this spring he actually drew a stick figure with eyes, nose and a mouth... and a head of his best friend "sam" (his best friend changes daily). A marked and incredible improvement. Last fall he knew 1-4 and now he can recite 1-18 before skipping around. Last fall he knew a few letters, now he knows all of them and most of the sounds. (at home he's sounding out 3-letter words and writing them) His gross motor skills are phenomenal and his fine motor skills are drastically improved. He still needs help cutting on a line. He is "Very very social" and "extremely busy", but "easily re-focused" which is good because he has to be refocused alot. He is very bright despite his distracted behavior. Miss Cheryl and I talked about what he needs to work on to be ready for kindergarten, her primary suggestion is trying to give him activities at a table where he will then have to sit at for 20 minutes (and increase slowly the amount of time) because that's what they have to do in Kindergarten... more sitting less walking around to new activities. So we are going to add that to learning more numbers and lower case letters.
Overall a great report and Miss Cheryl said that the kids like Caleb grow up to be some of the most interesting people...


Speaking of interesting. Caleb announced to Daddy and I yesterday: "My weiner is so strong, it can break toilet paper!" (Daddy is horrified that I'm sharing this, I guess I could have waiting to share it at his wedding.) Then, Caleb then proceeded to climb the inside of the door casing until he could reach the ceiling. I guess I need to teach him how to jump and fall if he's going to take himself to new heights.

**** Jockey peed in the potty yesterday morning!**** We tried for over ten minutes when I finally said I was going to give him privacy and left. He tried to follow and asked for a doughnut. I told him he could have one if he peed in the potty. 20 seconds later, SUCCESS!! Great, now I know it's a matter of his will, and the proper motivation!

So that's all for now. I'm off to work and then the weekend is set aside to get projects done and the house clean for next weekend's company.

Have a great weeknd yourselves!

No comments: