Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Weekend! And what a great forecast. Over 80 here in Monroe! WOW.

And what do we do with such nice weather... yardwork. Mike mowed. Which means that the Bouncy house could make an appearance. It's so nice to have such a great "toy" available to the kids. I feel great being able to provide something so exotic (in the kids world).

We also went and got a few plants... I told myself after thinking about this for weeks... $20, we could do that.

God is good. And after walking out of Coast to Coast with nothing (not even the raspberries, which they didn't have, but that I owe to Papa Bill and Grandma Judy from Christmas) because they had a high price on plants, but the two I wanted would have come to $20. We went to Fred Meyers. Hostas were on SALE, $3.99 (Coast to Coast, $9.99)!!! And, while we were picking out and looking at the Bleeding Heart bushes, the sales lady came by and told us that there were a few in the clearance section and told us where to find them! $9.99 at Coast to Coast, $7.99 at Fred Meyer, marked down to $4.04! WOW! I got two for less than the price of one at Coast to Coast. So I just finished planting and watering, and praying, because once they are in the ground they are on their own. But I move the fuschia, and moved some of the lily of the valley. Not all of it because, they came from my Grandma Severson, and they are doing wonderful and even blooming a charming pale pink... and I would be extremely sad if it died in the process of transplant. So they will stay where they are until very hardy and be the carpet beneath the vibrant bleeding heart bush and riotous clematis vines.

It is such great weather, I've tried to get the boys out on their bikes, which ended up as a visit to the park trip. They are jumping on the bouncy house and will into the late evening. Tomorrow, if I'm brave (two boys and a garage sale???) to get the garage sale going, we'll see. Probably a trip to the big Fryelands Park tomorrow. I don't know. If it is breezy enough, I have a kite waiting for Caleb.... all possibilities. I'm just rolling with the punches and taking my allergy meds in the mean time.

So that's the plan. Now that we have a plan for Caleb's birthday party, we have determined to get things done in the yard/house.... I have hope to complete a lot of it. But I've already started on it so I have HOPE. I'm also 75% done with the scrapbooking pages that I always do for the boys year birthday. So I'm even feeling optimistic about that.


On the down side. I COMPLETE forgot about my last MOPS. :( I looked at the clock and then the date and repeated that and then my heart kind of fell. I hope that I can still network with the moms and keep in touch over the summer. Again, I'm choosing to have hope.

Have a great weekend all.

No comments: