Friday, May 30, 2008

I love summer, and it is just around the corner!

Caleb and Josh are spending so much more time outside having a great time. We spend last weekend making the backyard habitable, and the boys are making the best of it. Yesterday, Caleb and Josh were playing "Jellystone" in the backyard and pretending they were camping and carrying firewood to their camp. It's hilarious and makes me smile to see them playing in such an interesting, imaginative, non-messy, cooperative way. Also, it is nice to see their excitement build about the upcoming trip. It was a long hard decision to decide to spend time at the Jellystone (Yogi bear) park on the way back (cost and extra days) but I'm sooo glad that we are going to do it. It's something that I want to share from when I was a kid and camping. I wouldn't even know about it except for when I was little. Of course it dawned on me that the kids had no point of reference as to who Yogi bear was; daddy helped out with pulling some clips up on You Tube for them. Now they are in a camping/yogi bear/jellystone frenzy.
The boys are now outside with blankets in the sun relaxing and attempting to built forts. I like it when they play so peaceful with each other. I live for the quiet play that doesn't include mess after mess after mess in the house.

Joshy is in love with the swing in the backyard. He even likes to be upside down, and he is reaching for new heights and skills as he watches big brother.

This Sunday is Caleb's party... and I'm happy to say that Caleb is going to most likely have the Jumpy house out, which means I get to have and outside (thank God) party for all the little boys coming. Caleb was a little sad to say good bye to his friends on Thursday, but it really lifted his spirits to know they were coming to a party at his house. It will be a highlight of his year, I'm sure.

Well, have a great weekend. I'm sure we will, and I'll have pictures of the party too by next week.

No comments: