Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another busy day in Dahl-world.

The boys and I picked out stuff at the $ store for Jockey's birthday. It's a ballon theme, because it was available, cheap and stocked at the store. Jockey elected for all Sprite for the party. Jockey requested that I MAKE a cake, and he wanted Vanilla Cake, with Vanilla Frosting, with Vanilla Ice Cream. Does this kid like vanilla or what?! For the cake's decoration, he finally decided on "happy birthday Jockey Peter". What ever makes him happy. And he wanted gum for the "second treat". So those are the favors that will leave with everyone. Other than that we will just have fun playing in the pool. (maybe the bouncy house?!) But I have a few hours still to prepare.

Caleb attended a birthday party yesterday held at TRAXX in Mukilteo. He had a good time. It was the "best birthday party ever". He did start out a little slow and intimidated by the while place and experience, but by his second time on the track (after a little coaching) he was off. I was surprised to see that he wasn't a little speed-freak... again, this was his first time and so lead-foot-ness could still happen. And then it wouldn't surprise me at all because he never does things half way, except cleaning.

We arrived home and I watched Emily for a while. I made Jockey's cake, prepared favors, cleaned up the kitchen and house, ate dinner at 11:00pm, and Auntie Brittany ended up staying the night because it was just too difficult to move Emily after settling her in for the night only to go home to a disassembled house that is not baby-safe to sleep on the floor. I'm glad it worked out.

So today is the party, I have to leave out here by 12:30. I still have to get to staples for ink, and close up the favor bags, load everything into the car, pack up swim suits and towels, load up the car with the cake, maybe pack up the bouncy house. LOTS TO DO, and a headache and major back ache to deal... Well, life goes on. Jockey was already thrilled that there were pancakes and hot cocoa ready for him this morning when he woke up. I'm glad it has started out good.

TTFN

No comments: