Friday, August 07, 2009

The boys have completed their first week of swim lessons.
They stated with Papa and Grammy Dahl. They had a great time. I heard stories: Papa asks Caleb why Foster (their dog) sits, stays and comes when told, but not the boys... Caleb says he (Foster) might be smarter than them (the boys). Caleb says he likes being Grammy and Papa because their nice even when he does bad things... I told him that was their job, but my job is different and I still loved him all the time. The boys love going to the club's daycare. There is toys and kids to play with most of the time. And it's a good resource because then Grammy gets a breather too.
Next week they are suppose to have another set of swim lessons. Although with an unrelated (to the boys) complication in life, I don't know if they will stay down with Grammy and Papa. Regardless, I am determined to get to the club for more blackberries. I'm intent on having enough for crepes all year, jam and a cobbler or two. The boys don't exactly help, so I have just two rules: 1-don't run where I can't see you and 2-don't take the berries I have picked, pick your own. And fortunately it has cooled off and I don't have to be there at the crack of dawn to beat the heat.
Jockey is begging to paint more rocks. My front yard already looks like it has a hippy rainbow for a flower bed border.... but he would still like to add to it.
Today we went to the park and braved the "chill" and gray to play for a while. We saw a few MOPS moms and their kids, but not a huge turn out.
I'm hoping for some nice weather (any weather that doesn't threaten sprinkles) and setting up the jumpy house in the near future. Then well invite a few friends over.
We don't have set plans for this weekend. I'm hoping for some quiet and uneventful... not likely with two crazies, but I can hope.
Time to start planning for the fair, Jockey's birthday, parade etc. I'm thinking pool gathering on the afternoon of the 23rd. Maybe on the 25th I'll take him to "rat pizza" (Chuck E. Cheese) for him to play. We'll see, because he really wants to go.

I feel like I'm rambling fragments, so this is where I'll end.

No comments: