Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The boys are with Grammy and Papa this week again. Jockey is a swimming machine! He is bold and getting to be very adventursome. Gotta keep an eye out for that guy. He won't drown because he can't make it to the edge, rather because he leapt off the edge parallel-wise into the pool while trying to reach something and dive to the bottom all at the same time. He's so bold it's scary. Caleb is working hard. The lesson he's in keeps him lapping and lapping more strokes all the time. He really puts a work out in and gets worn out. He's loving all the older boys around too. Of course, for both of them, Day Care is a fun haven of social excitement. Good.
When dealing with some physical issues, it has been very very nice not to have to leap up every 2 minutes and see who is hitting who, which child is NOW making WHICH mess. So this has been very timely in the scheme of all things. Thanks Grammy and Papa Dahl.

So this week is doctors for me, scrapbook and photography entry prep and turn in for me, weekend at Kayak Point prep for me and work at my out-of the house job, and my in-house job.

Big adventure. I picked and canned black berries yesterday. My first try at jam, and although I haven't eaten any (not feeling great/not having appetite), it set up well which is the biggest challenge. I tried to talk to the boys about why I am picking blackberries, I tried to get their help. I'm not sure if the "help" was worth the laundry, but it was a life experience. They will relish organic home-canned jam in January. And not having to buy it then too will be good for us.
Ok. That's All I've got for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. :)