Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just a couple more clips of the boys' "Cool Moves" (Since this has become a household habit of late.)


Joshy has discovered Mommy does not have a "weiner". He was in the room with me one day as I dressed and he bent down to look and said surprisedly and concerned "no weiner?" He noticed one other day as well. He asks and is VERY concerned and sad, as if I'm an the poor unfortunate person without. It is touching that he is that concerned for my well being and being left out, and kind of humorous at the same time.

Caleb's preschool is having their Easter party/egg hunt/fundraiser/bake sale on March 15th. I'm told that they are going to have a bouncy house and everything. So Grandparents and cousin Tessa, you're invited. I'll update with the exact time and more details next week, but I hope to see you there.

Caleb is keeping on with Awana. He's doing well and learning his verses. He is even starting to like the games and "make friends". It is really nice to see. And he is REALLY getting to know his buddies at Preschool. We are trying to arrange a playdate next Friday. A big one. Chuck E. Cheese with the buddies! I'm hoping that everyone does actually show up, rather than cancel at the last moment. I could handle missing the cheesy mouse pizza place, but the little guy just crashes in despair when he gets a let down blow like that. So figures crossed and all optimism until we know otherwise!

Joshy can count to 2. He says, 1, 2 and then back to 1 (and repeat). Cute.

I try to hug my littlest guy often and hang on because he seems to be getting bigger EVERYDAY. With the exception of the diapers, I'm trying to cling to his babyhood and all of it that is left. Half the days he insists that he is a baby, and then the other half he says he's a "Brudder". It's sad to see the baby stage go, I know there are wonderful things ahead, but I haven't turned my mind eye to those things yet... I'm still stuck on watching my cuddly, simple, cute and loving "baby" melt into a very small boy.

With Caleb we are facing new challenges, and not just with learning. Behavior. Attitude with a capital A!!! Disobediance, disrespect; I'm feeling Dis-sed man! Somedays, I admit to failing and feeling like a failure when my reactions (yes, reactions, not thought out responses) are not optimal and the positive loving example of good behavior. I guess that both Caleb and I are in an adjustment phase.

In the meantime... I can't stand his (or my) behavior and everything in me is screaming to "MAKE IT STOP" and I find myself doing everything to change my entire environment. So I'm in a massive clean out phase of all the baby stuff (swing, pump, pack'n'play, toys, high chairs) to simplify life. And also every scrap of garbage needs to get out of the house. And those chores I've been putting off... or the clutter that's piled up because I haven't had time to file or organize, I'm going to start in on. I guess I'm getting the ROYAL SPRING CLEANING BUG early! I realized, I'm so stressed with the boys (whinning, fighting, complaining, demanding, backtalking, etc) that I go from room to room in the house, looking for the "oasis of peace"... and I haven't found it... so I get frantic and start cleaning to make that oasis. I haven't reached peace in the house, but the Lord's revealing the process to me and that has brought a little peace and even more hope.

Well that's all for now. It's late. I hope that you enjoyed the video clips. And yes, the one does have a diaper fly in from the right hand side and is shortly followed by a bare bummed 2yr old. ***rolling my eyes*** Dahl-house-Murphy's law: "When making a videoor taking pictures, one or both boys end up caught nekked somehow." At least it is all digital and I'm not sending the film out for prints at a store for all the clerks to see.

Ok, Good night.

No comments: