Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ok, since Saturday......
We went to church on Sunday. But, because of the snow, Jockey's Christmas program was cancelled. I feel really bad about that, but there's always next year.
Monday, it was a 2 hr late start for school, BUT Caleb still had his program. By no means should this be called a "Christmas" program. The almighty "they" have eliminated any hint of any remote reference to holidays of any sort. And the gym was a cold as the songs were to our hearts. And for all that trouble of bringing Caleb to school and arranging for Grammy and Papa Dahl to come.... Caleb sang maybe a total of a dozen words and did 4 hand motions. The best part of the night was the McD's trip with Papa afterward and the time to play with his buddies beforehand.
Then, school was out for us on Tuesday. Daddy and Papa took the kids to lunch and then Daddy took the kids with him on their work errands so that I could go to my job. It was very nice that Mike was able to do that, and I got my job done quickly. (and it turns out with good timing considering the weather).
Wednesday was another late start=no school day for Caleb. I understand that they have to make a district wide call on the weather... however, for the Fryelands ALL WALK (or parent transportation), it seems a little extreme. I mean have you see the Fryelands? It's FLAT! But what can you do. So the boys stayed home and built forts, and a variety of other things both fun and badly mischievous. Mike's men's group still went on, but I unfortunately got the news that MOPS was cancelled for Friday.
THEN, today hits... We have about 12-14 inches of cummulative snow. AND IT IS STILL SNOWING! The snow is taller than zuma's under carriage. She's highcentered trying to use the outside. Mike drove me to work and then watched the kids, and then came and picked me up. Now we are socked into the house and trying to stay busy and out of messy behaviors. The fun part... we made homemade slurpees with fresh white snow and a can of coke. This absolutely made the kids' day! And the kids take their time outside until they get too wet or cold then it is back into the house where I toss their stuff into the dryer for another trip out. They are making snowmen and snow-angels of course. We are going to break out the board (bored) games soon... and there is always cleaning or craft projects. And I've just been told that they have shut down HWY 522, so I'm not sure that Mike will even get into to work today. Regardless, we are trying to have a good time. I only wish that I had new movies and a stock pile of cocoa.
And in case you're worried, the rabbit is doing ok too. We purchased a heat light and a clamp to attach it to the hutch. We were told he would be fine with a 25 watt red bulb; we went against those directives and got a 125 heat bulb... and he is NOT "roasting", I can tell you. He sits on TOP of his nesting box practically leaning into the bulb. So no worries for him. Although, I'm tempted to let him out and see how he likes the snow!

So that's it and here are the relevant pictures.





AND IT IS STILL SNOWING!!!!!!!!!
Be safe out there.

No comments: