Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The boys are trying to be good helpers in getting work done on the house. I hope that out of this comes a skill set they can use later, or at least feel comfortable with the idea to learn more later. And I hope that they finally grasp the idea of what clean is and keeping something that way. And working for a goal because you want it bad enough. (In this case, the tree house is a BIG motivator for Caleb for the house we have in mind. Although, I thought riding the bus would be a big plus too, evidently not because they say "keep moving back" over and over again.)

I've also had to tell them that the magic tu-tu cleaning fairy has left the building and they now have to pick up after themselves to include putting away their own laundry (after I've cleaned, dried, sorted and handed it to them- still a little of the tu-tu fairy remains).

Contrary to all of my wishes and guidelines for my kids, Jockey has a tv in his room and Caleb has the computer. I never wanted these things in the children's bedrooms, but I keep telling myself that it is only temporary. I don't want the kids to isolate themselves in their rooms, and especially, I don't want it to become a habit/lifestyle. And our eat-in kitchen only sits a very tight 3 persons, and I refuse to have the boys sit in the dining room with their food, MESSY! and over carpet, I don't think so. It's bad enough that they are eating over a tablecloth! (to hide the hideousness of the craft table come eat-in table).

We are working feverishly to get it done. SOOO much to do still. The boys are fortunately gracious to allow us to work for their "tree house". We might as well call the next house the "tree house" since that's how the boys refer to it.

It is such a blessing to have beautiful days like this so late into the summer, the sheet rock would be pretty wet when we cut it outside if it wasn't so beautiful.

The boys are settling down to school. I have so many things to remeber it is ridiculous. Tomorrow is picture day, I work, we meet with the agent and actually compose the offer and have him look at our house (EEK), we are casing and basing. We have Awana on Thursday, I work that day and also at Awana that night, our anniversary is this weekend (no plans, just house). We'll have to put a toilet and vanity in the downstairs, and finish the floor, sheetrock, tape, mud, texture and paint, and moldings. All of the work I've done, and none of it is cleaning.... so vacumming, dusting, mopping, bathrooms, desperately need attention! sigh, lots to do. I better get to...

No comments: