Monday, January 02, 2006

I love two year olds. Caleb in particular.

Caleb wanted me to take more pictures of him... the pattern continues. Well, I'm a little tired of taking pictures of a little nudist boy wrapped in a t-shirt. I told him that I would take pictures of him if he put on his Buzz costume. So as a result I got some good pictures of him wearing it...the first time he wore it, didn't go so well.

My little, hands on his hips, boy. Very proud to be Buzz at the moment. Of course he had to lay down next to Josh on the play mat (under it's arches and all), while wearing his costume, to show Josh how to play with the items that dangle.

And when I was down loading pictures from Saturday, this picture stood out as a really good one.

Our Dahl Matriarch. She's very proud of my little boys. I'm so delighted that the boys and GG are developing a relationship with such happy memories, not every person gets the opportunity to know someone from four generations back. Caleb plays wonderfully with GG once he warms up (as he must for each time they see each other). And this Saturday I was very touched that GG was singing German lullabyes and nursery songs to Josh. She cares and loves for my little ones with such kindness and gentleness. The joy is mutual between her and the boys. I like the thought of a heritage being instilled in my little guys. They will of course be Americans, but they also have a rich history and to be introduced to it in such a personal way is touching. My hope is that GG will be able to sit down with the boys and some of her old photo albums and be able to show them and tell them about her life. (You know, before cell phones, Ipods, MP-3 players, and microwaves.)

I am blessed, and so are Caleb and Josh to have such wonderful family members that are willing to share themselves and their time. Auntie Birdie takes time to talk to Caleb and lets him feed her bird too many treats. Grammy takes Caleb for socialization and activities that give me a break. Tessa is fun to laugh with and of course tease, sometime unmercilessly. Grandpa Dahl is always willing to play and go for walks with Caleb. GG plays catch and gitch-ya with Caleb. Papa Bishop is great to play, go to the park or or even just watch Tv with, until they both need naps in the afternoon. Grandma Bishop gets on the floor and wrestles with him. Everyone of course leaps in line to hold Josh and hopes for one of his blazing smiles; he frequently obliges.

The love, support and prayers from all the family are priceless. Thank you.


No comments: