Friday, January 13, 2006

Oh boy has it ever been a busy few days!

Caleb has been running around saying "me big helper", and he really is! And he is even taking to opening doors for me like a little gentleman.

Caleb went to Grammy and Grandpa Dahl's house on Wednesday after playgroup. He wasn't there 10 minutes before he was whisked off to Wiggle Worms, his gymnastics class. He did so great there, I am told that he was invited to skip SUPER Wiggles and go straight to Mighty Mights, that is until he found out that he was just 2.5 not 3 years old. I guess he is doing jumps in the air and touching his toes and then landing back on his feet. That's amazing; Mike says that it is from all the pratice of drop kicking me from the back of the couch.

He had a great afternoon and evening playing with Grammy and Grandpa, and he spent the night. Thursday he went swimming and played in the Daycare in the morning, then he lunched with Mike and Grandpa. By "lunched", I mean that he fell asleep in time for them to have a quiet lunch. He took another nap back at their house, and then was brought out to Monroe in time for dinner .

Caleb, Grammy, Grandpa, Josh and I went to dinner. I have to sum up the meal by saying that I was in the restroom (for CALEB'S! benefit) for the majority of the dinner. He kept wanting to use the facilities...with sucess I might add. But it was miracle that food actually had time to enter my mouth. It was nice all in all, and I'd rather him have potty success than me a meal. The old adage comes to mind "change their diaper now, and you'll do it again in an hour...Teach them to potty and you'll never sit through a movie, meal, or road trip again." Ok, I made that up, but you can't tell me it isn't true.

In the time that I had 1/2 duty I felt productive. I returned somethings and got Caleb a new hat. He is so proud of it because it is just like Daddy's! He was almost in tears once when he thought that we was going to have to leave it at home! Pretty cute.



Then today was filled with a good deal of activity as well. First, Caleb and I finished our "mountain" making. The paper mache had dried and it was time to paint it. Let's just say that the "mountian", looks a little like Mt. St. Helens crater and all, with a little buddy on the side. It was messy, but fun. Caleb was naked anyways, which turned out to be a blessing from above.


(I smudged out the boy parts since this is going on the web, but be assured, it was covered in paint too!)

So we ended up here...

And my guess that "floating" wasn't too far away was right. He really likes to float and just lay in the tub. I know where he gets that from; I was like that as a kid and could relax to the point of falling asleep. But this bath gave Caleb time to play with his new soap crayons. This is his 4 or so package of them. Grammy Dahl got him started, we've kept him going, and this last package was bought with gift money from Great Grandma Dyer. He's thrilled. I'm hoping it will help him spell someday!

The greatest thing of all happened after naps today. We drove up to see Nick, Tyler, Matthew and Auntie Barb.... and to play at JUNGLE PLAYLAND. What a home run for Caleb from start to finish! He was so excited to see the boys. He wrestled with Matthew, watched a train simulator and went down the slides with Tyler, and his "idol" Nick...he sat with while eating pizza and cookies, he went down the slides, he climbed around every where. He had such a great time. He even was worried when we were departing from Jungle Playland that he hadn't gotten a chance to say good-bye. So we went back to their house and he got to play for another hour and a half and then said his cute good-byes! I think he would have wanted to stay if I'd asked. Of course, Mel and Rene showed up so we also got to see them for a few minutes. Which if Caleb stayed over would have meant that he and Nick could have camped out somewhere together! A 2 yr old's dream: Camping out is the object of his facination.
Not to leave Jockey out of the picture, Matthew was really interested in the baby. He wanted to rock him and hold him. It was really cute. My oldest loves Barb's oldest and her youngest took a liking to my youngest. Cousins are so great! And I had a great time talking to Barb about mommy stuff. Again, again, I am thinking already!

So here are some pictures of our Jungle Playland adventure!




Well, that's it for now. It's kind of late, but I didn't want another day to go by without me updating everyone on what fun we are up to!

More soon, I hope!



No comments: